cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk does not reset every month?

ShangWang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have used public mobile for 2 months and only made an outgoing call for 6 minutes in the first month. My mobile data usage resets every month and I use up all my data for that month but my talk minutes does not.

Screenshot_42.png

Is this supposed to happen? Let's say I did 99 minutes of talking and then the month reset. Does that mean I have only 1 minute of talking for the rest of the month? Why? Does the same apply to my data plan if I don't use it all up?

6 REPLIES 6

@darlicious wrote:

@ShangWang

Keep in mind that on the date of your renewal that your data and minutes reset at midnight eastern. If you live in BC that's at 9pm pacific. If you live in Newfoundland that occurs at 1:30am local time.

Hey I just noticed that yesterday's date is a palindrome! Happy Anniversary @AE_Collector !!

AD88F984-5AC9-47BA-8B2E-AB4BBA998930.jpeg

@ShangWang

Keep in mind that on the date of your renewal that your data and minutes reset at midnight eastern. If you live in BC that's at 9pm pacific. If you live in Newfoundland that occurs at 1:30am local time.

Hey I just noticed that yesterday's date is a palindrome! Happy Anniversary @AE_Collector !!

ShangWang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you! It must have been voice mail, I was calling it to just change some settings. I don't call often so this shouldn't be a big deal, I'll keep in mind how long I change my settings haha.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ShangWang wrote:

I have used public mobile for 2 months and only made an outgoing call for 6 minutes in the first month. My mobile data usage resets every month and I use up all my data for that month but my talk minutes does not.

Screenshot_42.png

Is this supposed to happen?

Plan Minutes are supposed to reset on each renewal.

Let's say I did 99 minutes of talking and then the month reset. Does that mean I have only 1 minute of talking for the rest of the month? Why?

Plans are 30 days, not monthly, if you used 99 minutes, then your plan renews, you get 100 minutes back on renewal

Does the same apply to my data plan if I don't use it all up?
Plan Data will reset back to 250MB when your plan renews.

Your 2GB addon will kick in if you use up all your 250MB data within your cycle. Then when your plan renews, it goes back to using the 250MB data. 

The 2GB will not reset when your plan renews, it stay on there until all used up.

@Anonymous   this is a question about minutes, not Data.

@ShangWang (EDIT: see red above) it is tough to go through the long daunting usage history to copy and paste and sort up and add the minutes used during a cycle. So, although you can do this (which I have for some time), I don't recommend to keep doing it, as it is very time consuming.

So, keep an eye out on your OVERVIEW section, show below:

esjliv_0-1601935725902.png

This is the most accurate usage. 

When you call your voicemail from your public mobile device, please note, this will use up your outgoing minutes.

So there are great work arounds to avoid this. You can call your voicemail from another cell phone or landline. Or, create a free Fongo account number, and dial your voicemail that way. You just need to hit #, then your voicemail password to access it.

But, when people call your voicemail and leave messages, this DOES NOT use your outgoing  plan minutes.

I like @hTideGnow 's suggestion to look at your account on the day of your renewal to see that your plan minutes reset. 

There is also a great Canada-wide addon you can purchase for only $5. This addon will stay on your account until all used up. But will not kick in unless you use up your plan minutes within your current cycle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShangWang 

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

and turn off background data, to save your data.

when your data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

automatically reset every 30 day but is there a issue at your account you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@ShangWang   

Both data and minutes reset every new cycle.

You sure it didn't reset?  is the screenshot being taken today and today is the first day of your new cycle?

Any chance you made some minutes for calling voicemail from your cell?  calling VM from your cell counts

Need Help? Let's chat.