cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + Unlimited Incoming plan can not call 519670997 normal Canada number?

jzdst
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

519-670-997, is a normal Ontario cellphone in the Western University student center. Anybody help me try?

But, when I called it, the system told me: Hi, talk is not included in your plan.

My Plan This plan includes: - - 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + Unlimited Incoming Minutes - 250 MB at 3G speed - Unlimited International Text

$15 per 30 Days

Thank you in advance

edired by computergeek541: phone number removed

15 REPLIES 15

jzdst

Oh, thanks I got your point, maybe the school staff email me a wrong phone number .Thanks

Problem solved

@jzdst wrote:

I tried 1519-670-997, it still does not work

This is not a phone number.

You're missing a digit in the last set of numbers.  "997" needs a 4th number somewhere.

jzdst

Yes, I tried the one with 1: 1519670997, may you try this out of office time to see whether it works? maybe it is the number's problem. Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jzdst wrote:

It's not 10 digits with the 1. That's implied. You need 10 digits as in 3 digit area code, 3 digit prefix and 4 digit unique. Then the 1 in front makes a total of 11 digits being dialed. You're still missing a digit. I suspect your first 6 are right (not counting the 1). The problem is in your last 4. But I don't know what it is of course.

jzdst

Anyone can help me to try this number out of office time to see whether it works in your phone service? Thanks

@jzdst  wrote:

As mentioned earlier, you are missing a digit. It should have total of 10 digit without the 1 in front (+1 xxx-xxx-xxxx).

jzdst

Thanks, 

Mine is :

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
    6  /  100 MIN
    250 MB at 3G speed
    66.725  /  250 MB

jzdst

so what works after you tried it multiple times?

100 minutes can be consumed very quickly...   its billed by the minute 😀

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

To add to the other comments, calls are billed by the minute so 100 minutes can be quickly used up if not careful 😉

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @jzdst 

If you're on a limited outgoing minute plan, I would login to your self-serve to see if the minute counter appears to have disappeared.  If so, that means you've used your outgoing minute allotment for the cycle.

I would recommend checking that.  It looks like this (below) - check to see if it's there with minutes remaining or not showing at all:

HALIMACS_0-1611941779933.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shubhampatel39 wrote:

Hello,

Try using full number like +1(xxx)xxx-xxx.

Hope this help you.

Well...it wouldn't. You need another digit.

Good of you to jump in and participate.

Welcome to PM.

shubhampatel39
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Try using full number like +1(xxx)xxx-xxx.

Hope this help you.

@Anonymous 

I didn't even notice the missing digit (or at first that it's a published phone number).  Public Mobile does give stranged error mesaages. Phone carriers normally give mesaages similar to "call cannot be completed as dialed".

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try it with the missing 10th digit.

Need Help? Let's chat.