cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 plans

dalemobile
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello and I thought that PM had $10 plans???  .. now I don't see that option in the "plans section".  Does PM no longer have this plan?  Thanks, Dale

11 REPLIES 11

c70nut
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Some would some wouldn't-  I can get free calling and texting on WiFi so $10 and under is worth it, over $10 I'll pass.  

I know someone else who just signed up for $10 on another carrier,  same thing, won't even use the entry level minutes, will opt for the cheapest plan going.

There's 2 examples X $100/year which would reflect at least a few thousand potential customers.   Dumb move by PM in my estimation.

@c70nut wrote:

$5 is $60 a year, $600 over ten years.  I have the $10 plan, it's more than I need, PM should reinstate it as they are throwing away business by not offering it.

Offering it might be throwing away money if those customer would have signed up to $15 plan. Having more business is not always the best thing for Public Mobile's bottom line.

c70nut
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

$5 is $60 a year, $600 over ten years.  I have the $10 plan, it's more than I need, PM should reinstate it as they are throwing away business by not offering it.

@SomeFriend   There has been a lot of interest within the community to bring back the $10 plan but it's unlikely that this will happen. However the $15 plan w/autopay at $13 is still a great deal with unlimited incoming calls and texts, 100 outgoing calls and 250mb of data it fits many peoples needs for only $5 more per month. It was common advice for many to bump up to this plan because they would run out of calling and outgoing text features when using it as their main phone. The $10 plan only worked well as a way of maintaining of phone number or as an emergency or back up phone. Really whats an extra $5 one less starbucks coffee a month....

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Would be great if PM brought back the $10 plan.  I have someone in the family who I'm getting them a cell phone and need a plan to go with it.  Since they aren't dialing much, wanted to get them the $10 plan but I guess I have to look elsewhere unless they bring it back.

Would be awesome if they did bring it back, like during the holidays or something like that, as $10 plan -$2 autopay = $8/mo and I just add the $5 500 minute to never worry about running out of minutes.

@dalemobile wrote:

Hmm ... may I ask why? .. Just curious.. thanks again

$10 plan means some members will take that instead of a higher priced plan. The counters decided the numbers are better without a $10 plan.

@dalemobile wrote:

The competition got rid of their $10 plans (ie. Lucky mobile), so PM followed their lead.  

dalemobile

oh, ok, thanks for the info

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Telus offers a $10 plan

dalemobile

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@dalemobile 

Sorry the $10 plans are not available at the present time. Expired October 6

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Extended-to-Oct-6-Get-an-extra-10-Credi...

Need Help? Let's chat.