cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 plan worked yesterday but now it says I need an international talk add on to make calls?

nicotiro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I bought a sim card on the 29th and it worked, I sent and received local texts and calls, but today its not working, I can't make calls, someone tried calling me and it won't work.

I'm really disappointed because I need a phone line that isn't on data to take with me when I go out.

Does anyone have the same issue, or has anyone else experienced this same problem?

Its all local calls being made, 416 & 647 area codes. I don't understand why it worked the first day and not today. I still have $32 credit on the plan.

Any advice?

12 REPLIES 12

@nicotiro, you are now in good hands with @Mary_M, your problem should be solved soon 🙂

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

I'm on it right now @nicotiro, I'll be sending you a private message shortly 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

nicotiro

you're right... it might be no minutes? the guy stalking me called and left it on for 30 mins? i didnt answer, did it record a 30 min voice mail?

is that really what happened?

hate that man.

not really sure what happened. waiting for a mod, sent in my number and pin

Gorms
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been with PM for 1.5 years now with no issues at all, the service is coming off of Telus lines so any service issues probably has more to do with the Telus reception in your area. I have been able to resolve any small issues I have with the moderators on this Community. 

Give it a little time, the $$$ savings is worth the little bit of hassle!

Cheers,

Gorms

Gorms

Get in touch with one of the @CS_Agent so they can take a look at your account to see what is going on.

cheers,

Gorms

adil-5aar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

hello

u are run of your minutes, with 10$ u have only 50 minutes ( in and out ) and 50 textes messages..

to cintinue using your service, i suggest you to change your plan to the one of 25$ and u have unlimited calls ans text.. so u should be able to talk and text all the month without issue ..

u can use your 32$ to switch to the new plan  and choose switch it now ...not on the next bill

have a nice day

My guess is that you used all you minutes already...

You can check in you selfserve account how many minutes are left and usage as well for every call you made/received.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

golfradio

Check how many minutes you have left in your plan? It's possible you used up the 50 minutes of your plan. If you have exhausted your plan minutes, you have two options: 1. Wait until your cycle date to get reset your plan minutes 2. Use your credit or top up your account and manually buy a talk addon.

A credit balance in your account does not automatically get applied to buy an addon or add minutes.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nicotiro If you did port your number, it might something to do with port.

You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will check provisioning on your account!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

You will receive a response within an hour, if you are lucky OR it might take up to 48 hours, if your luck is run out! Woman Wink

geniusowl

If it's not a system glitch, my only guess is that you are in a new month today. But like you said your plan is active and it should work for 30 days.

I've been with the original PM  and came back to them again recently. Never experience any issues. The support from Mod team might feel frustrating at times though.

nicotiro

I was with Public Mobile when it started but they turned into mobilicity etc.

So I was excited to get a Public Mobile SIM card again but now I'm kind of regretting it because of the patchy service and zero phone help.

Need Help? Let's chat.