cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 plan unlimited incoming texts being charged

Katt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just registered for the $10/month plan. It's supposed to include unlimited incoming texts but it is counted towards my outgoing.  I verified this online when I signed into my account under usage. Help please? 

7 REPLIES 7

@RobertQc wrote:

The time I was with Wind (Freedom) mobile was the low point in my life for mobile devices / communication. Did someone call me? Did I miss a call? Why do I have no service. Why does the network keep switching between away and home. Make a phone call nothing. Make a phone call nothing. Did you get my text last night? No. Ugh. omg. what a terrible time that service brought to me.

You forgot about the half duplex, walkie-talkie style phone calls.

Katt

Thank you both @Pizzaeh and @RobertQc ! As a newbie to Public Mobile, I was shopping around and I'm so glad and grateful to have had your feedback and helpful tips! 

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RobertQc wrote:

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@Katt wrote:

Many thanks! I followed your detailed and simple instructions; hopefully this will solve the problem. I was contemplating on going to Freedom Mobile if this wasn't resolved! Maybe I'll be here to stay 🙂 thanks again! 

@Katt, the problem isn't Public Mobile, it's the phone.  The phrase, don't throw out the baby with the bathwater comes to mind.  @RobertQc saved you years of pain if you had went to Freedom Mobile.  Thank your lucky stars. 

@PizzaehThe time I was with Wind (Freedom) mobile was the low point in my life for mobile devices / communication. Did someone call me? Did I miss a call? Why do I have no service. Why does the network keep switching between away and home. Make a phone call nothing. Make a phone call nothing. Did you get my text last night? No. Ugh. omg. what a terrible time that service brought to me.

@RobertQc , haha, very similar experience with Wind back in the day.  Hard to imagine going with Freedom Mobile now, when there are plenty of carriers that run on solid networks.  

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@Katt wrote:

Many thanks! I followed your detailed and simple instructions; hopefully this will solve the problem. I was contemplating on going to Freedom Mobile if this wasn't resolved! Maybe I'll be here to stay 🙂 thanks again! 

@Katt, the problem isn't Public Mobile, it's the phone.  The phrase, don't throw out the baby with the bathwater comes to mind.  @RobertQc saved you years of pain if you had went to Freedom Mobile.  Thank your lucky stars. 

@PizzaehThe time I was with Wind (Freedom) mobile was the low point in my life for mobile devices / communication. Did someone call me? Did I miss a call? Why do I have no service. Why does the network keep switching between away and home. Make a phone call nothing. Make a phone call nothing. Did you get my text last night? No. Ugh. omg. what a terrible time that service brought to me.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Katt wrote:

Katt

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Katt wrote:

Just registered for the $10/month plan. It's supposed to include unlimited incoming texts but it is counted towards my outgoing.  I verified this online when I signed into my account under usage. Help please? 

@Katt  You may find that you have "receive / send receipt" on, and anytime you get a message it sends another message out letting the persons advanced messaging know that it was received or read by you.

Otherwise- If you log-in to self serve and click “View My Usage” you will see the outgoing text and the number it was sent to.

The most common issue is both iPhones usually 474663 (iMessage/FaceTime) and usually 7723 Google (android) phones use SMS to set up things when you first sign up a new number / phone / provider / restart phone.

On Android remove “SMS” permissions from the dialer app which should be labelled as “Phone” in settings under app info or app permissions.

On iPhone you want to disable iMessage and FaceTime (before you insert the sim card or you may still be some sent) if you want to use iMessage and FaceTime there is no way around these messages being sent. It's not public mobile its Apple, complain to them if you want.

Settings -> Messages -> iMessage (Slide to the left so slider background is white)
Settings -> Messages > FaceTime (Slide to the left so slider background is white)

It has been suggested by chris32 here that 474663 is actually location sharing services on apple devices.

How to stop automatic messages.

After a couple of days I found the problem that cause sending messages in background on iPhone and It's not icloud our Android cloud.

Here, how to stop that:

Step #1 : From primary screen: Push on Setting >>> Privacy >>> Location services >>> System Services >>> Share My Location  = Put the button OFF

Step #2 : Go back to Location services (return) >>> Share my Location  = Put the button OFF.

Also send a private message to the moderator team Click this to send them a message with your PIN & Phone number and explain what happened. If your plan is limited 50 texts and they were not done with you it is likely they will offset these messages. There is also a chance if someone sent you a message (even if you didn’t respond) your phone will send a “delivery confirmation” back without your knowledge that will count as 1 of your outgoing text. That should be disabled as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.