cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 plan - not working

qcriderfan87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I changed my plan to $10 plan 30 days - 50 int’l texts, 50 canada wide minutes. I can’t make texts or calls. I had I guess one text go through to a long distance number (604 area code) I am in 306. 

Recording says local calls out of service area. I am so frustrated. I’m at the point where I’m done. I just want my money back. I’ll switch to a better service. This is totally unacceptable. 

9 REPLIES 9

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@qcriderfan87 wrote:

I did this and it worked for awhile now the same problem is back 

Have you used your allotted talk and text that comes with the plan

Keep in mind that iMessage and google dialer use text to set up if that is the issue? Check your self serve to see if your text/allotment has been used up?

@qcriderfan87 wrote:

Have you used your allotted talk and text that comes with the plan

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@qcriderfan87 wrote:

Hi, could you explain exactly what is not working. Also can you confirm if everything else is working?

qcriderfan87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@slash407 wrote:

this lost phone trick people keep mentioning, not sure what its suppose to do, maybe someone can let us know

Some feature may not be working correctly after activation or plan change because your account may not be provisioned correctly - i.e. some or all of your plan features may not be configured correctly.

The stolen/lost phone trick consists of two steps.

- Report your phone stolen or lost.

- Wait for a few minutes and report your phone found

The second step will run the account provisioning software to activate the features of your plan again,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@slash407 wrote:

try re-inserting your sim card. Do u ever power off ur phone???

this lost phone trick people keep mentioning, not sure what its suppose to do, maybe someone can let us know

I seem to recall Dunkman discovered it's usefulness for resolving problems. I think he also came up with the add a $1 trick too. Clever guy that guy.

As I barely understand it...it basically kicks the SIM and the service into a bit of a reset.

@slash407 wrote:

try re-inserting your sim card. Do u ever power off ur phone???

The lost/stolen phone feature is for exactly that, you use it if your phone is lost or stolen.  The feature when activated will suspend your service temporarily.  You can unsuspend it by toggling the status.  By chance it was discovered that toggling the feature resulted in unintended benefit.  Stuck accounts seem to correct themselves.  Nobody is sure exactly what is going on that corrects certain account issues.  Since the feature is quite easy to use and have not shown any negative side effects, it is being suggested as a possible cure due to convenience.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@qcriderfan87

Your account was not provisioned correctly after the plan change.  Try the stolen/lost phone trick suggested by @Anonymous to perform the provisioning again.  Good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@qcriderfan87 wrote:

I changed my plan to $10 plan 30 days - 50 int’l texts, 50 canada wide minutes. I can’t make texts or calls. I had I guess one text go through to a long distance number (604 area code) I am in 306. 

Recording says local calls out of service area. I am so frustrated. I’m at the point where I’m done. I just want my money back. I’ll switch to a better service. This is totally unacceptable. 

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Need Help? Let's chat.