cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10$ plan dual sim

gauthas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I'm currently on the 10$ 50min/50text plan, and I have a second sim with a different carrier. However, when I text, it still seems like its coming out of my public mobile sim, even though I deliberately deactivated it to triple check it was actually being sent through publicmobile instead of virgin. I have 2 different numbers, and I'm certain my texts are appearing to be going out through my virgin mobile account. How do I fix this? I'm down to 16 texts for the rest of the month and I haven't even used it...

10 REPLIES 10

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Try removing the PM SIM card and clearing your cache: Settings --> App Manager --> App Info --> Clear Cache. Then restart the phone, then put the PM SIM back in.

gauthas

OnePlus 5 is my phone! I did and it didn't work 😣

Great thanks to let us know the solution!!!! @gauthas 

BUT IT WAS NOT THE SOLUTION 

gauthas

Hey yeah I've got a oneplus 5, and I did the sim selector onothe side of the message bar and set virgin as the default 😞 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gauthas what app are you using for texting?  Most have a little selector to choose which SIM to use.  For example, here's what it looks like in Google's own Messages app:

Texting_DualSIM.png

Alternatively, your phone's settings may have an option for which SIM to use by default.  In OxygenOS 9.0.3 (Android 9.0) on my OnePlus 5T, it looks like this:

Default SIM setting.png

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@gauthas wrote:

I did! So when I realized I "sent" 30 texts, I tried to reconfigure my sims and send another, and it updated to say I sent 31 from public mobile. I then tried to physically rearrange how the sims were put, again, same thing (now 32). I then deactivated my sim and sent a text, thinking no way it would work, but lo and behold it claimed I sent 33, even though the sim was disabled (and still is, until I figure it out...) 

@gauthasThat's bizzare. What kind of phone do you have? Did you try physically removing the PM sim? Did you check to make sure the outgoing number was the same as intended and not 474663 or 7723? Both Virgin/Public mobile are on the same Bellus network. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

gauthas

I did! So when I realized I "sent" 30 texts, I tried to reconfigure my sims and send another, and it updated to say I sent 31 from public mobile. I then tried to physically rearrange how the sims were put, again, same thing (now 32). I then deactivated my sim and sent a text, thinking no way it would work, but lo and behold it claimed I sent 33, even though the sim was disabled (and still is, until I figure it out...) 

@Lieux wrote:

You can check in your self serve account in  plans and add-ons and usage history to see if that's the case ... @gauthas if the texts comes from your public mobile account or not...

@gauthasThis is excellent advice by @Lieux to make sure 100% in usage history, as some phones use text messages without your knowledge. 474663/7723 outgoing.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

You can check in your self serve account in  plans and add-ons and usage history to see if that's the case ... @gauthas if the texts comes from your public mobile account or not...

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@gauthas wrote:

So I'm currently on the 10$ 50min/50text plan, and I have a second sim with a different carrier. However, when I text, it still seems like its coming out of my public mobile sim, even though I deliberately deactivated it to triple check it was actually being sent through publicmobile instead of virgin. I have 2 different numbers, and I'm certain my texts are appearing to be going out through my virgin mobile account. How do I fix this? I'm down to 16 texts for the rest of the month and I haven't even used it...

@gauthasSo you have a dual sim phone? If so what kind of phone is it? It sounds like your phone is mixing it up. If you remove the public mobile sim card, does the virgin mobile outgoing text work properly? Did you reboot after configuring it?

Need Help? Let's chat.