cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 off promo and plan change

twinpuller
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I'm going to Hawaii for a few weeks and want to change to the new $60 plan that has US Roaming. I am currently on the $40 plan but I have the RBC $10 off/month discount. Would I lose this discount if I changed plan?

23 REPLIES 23

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, it did help the decision, I ported in my wifes # onto that $60 account with the promos kept and just opened a new $25 account with the match price promo on now. Plus with the help of an amaazzzinnggggg mod @Silvio_M here, I'm all setup. Very happy.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Alan_K wrote:

@lukevader wrote:

@Dunkman  yeah, quite possible it could still be applied. But I even went as far as changing it to apply next billing period and there were no promos listed so I cancelled the change.

So until I get confirmation going the other way from 60 to 40 that the promo will still stick I'll consider it. If it doesn't I'll probably go down to the $15 plan.

20191020_144352.png

Getting back to you asap on this @lukevader ! Hang in there while I get the answer for you Robot wink

@lukevader Sorry for the delay. I've validated with the team and the 5 GB Recurring Add-On will stay, but the $10 off will not. Hope that helps your decision!

Alan_K

@lukevader wrote:

@Dunkman  yeah, quite possible it could still be applied. But I even went as far as changing it to apply next billing period and there were no promos listed so I cancelled the change.

So until I get confirmation going the other way from 60 to 40 that the promo will still stick I'll consider it. If it doesn't I'll probably go down to the $15 plan.

20191020_144352.png

Getting back to you asap on this @lukevader ! Hang in there while I get the answer for you Robot wink

@lukevader wrote:

20191020_144352.png

@CS_Agent @Alan_K 

Could you help confirm with @lukevader his question about if he downgrades his plan to $40 from $60, he will still get the RBC promotion of $10 off for 6 months.  Thanks   Smiley Happy

lukevader

20191020_144352.png

@lukevader 

Public mobile wording/warning/etc can be ambigious at times.  @Alan_K (the "boss" moderator/manager) mentioned that in previous post that the discount will still be applied.  I guess if that fails you could contact moderators afterwards.

lukevader

@Dunkman I hear ya, but the change bubble was very clear with before and after promos being applied. And see, thats the thing now, I don't really need this plan anymore... there's a better plan I learned about while down here. More data, more options, even works in mexico and canada.

@lukevader 

You should still get the $10 monthly discount for 6 months.  There is usually a warning if you change plans that you might lose different promos.  

Just to be aware, the $60 US roaming plan is not available anymore.  If you change plans, you will not be able to get that plan in the future.  

lukevader

@Alan_K wrote:

@twinpuller wrote:

Hi, I'm going to Hawaii for a few weeks and want to change to the new $60 plan that has US Roaming. I am currently on the $40 plan but I have the RBC $10 off/month discount. Would I lose this discount if I changed plan?

@ShawnC13 Nailed it, a plan change to any plan of $40/mo or greater will not cause the promo to fall off. 🙂

I'm finding an issue with this statement... I am on the $60 plan and still reaping benefits of the USA perks cause I'm still down here as I type this but let's just say I found a deal TOO good to pass up down here to meet my needs for any usa roaming for a while.... soooo I don't really need this $60 plan anymore and the $40 plan will work just fine and when I try to change it, on the confirm changes popup I get a message confirming I will lose all my promotion add ons. The plan is still $40 or more, what's up with this loss of promo?

BrieMusic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does anyone know if RBC Avion Platinum card qualifies as a "rewards card" for the $10- 6 month discount? I do have rewards when I look at my statement but it doesn't specifically mention that card in the disclaimer posted. Waiting on RBC's answer if they know as well...

twinpuller

**bleep** that's too bad. I'm already in Hawaii and activated a different provider. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K wrote:

@twinpuller wrote:

@ShawnC13 Nailed it, a plan change to any plan of $40/mo or greater will not cause the promo to fall off. 🙂

@Alan_K: Once again, mixed or ambiguous messaging between your announcement and the promo details. There shouldn't be different wording and there shouldn't be ambiguity. It just confuses everybody and then wastes *your* time trying to disambiguate it all.

Alan_K

@stonechucker wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

@twinpuller wrote:

@Alan_K, can we assume PM will ensure this language will be in place in future such plans, as the current details are at best, confusing.

Yes absolutely, for future promos I will make a note to add clarity to plan change criteria.

@Alan_K wrote:

@twinpuller wrote:

@Alan_K, can we assume PM will ensure this language will be in place in future such plans, as the current details are at best, confusing.

Alan_K

@twinpuller wrote:

Alan_K

I need to test this but the intended behaviour is you can keep it on a plan change to anything $40/mo or greater. Will loop back to you tmrw!

twinpuller

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@twinpuller wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@twinpullerI don't think it is possible https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/RBC-offer

Discount will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.

That's unfortunate. Thanks for your response. 

@twinpuller, I would question this as it says $40 or greater plan and I think the part that says the discount will expire if account becomes inactive or rate plan is changed is meant to be to a plan lower that $40.  @Alan_K  can you clarify this for this customer.  Am I interpreting this right that only a plan change to under $40 would lose the promo or is it any plan change?  RBC.JPG

Thanks, only problem I see is 2 sentences later it says discount will expire if rate plan is changed. I was hoping to get an answer today but I just went with another provider for my trip. It'll cost me a bit more, but it's ok... hopefully PM will have better roaming add-on rates in the future.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It wouldn't be the first time when fine print is a bit ambiguous. I also think that they meant if it is changed to cheaper and not to more expensive plan. Can anybody from @CS_Agent check? 

@twinpuller wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@twinpullerI don't think it is possible https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/RBC-offer

@twinpuller, I would question this as it says $40 or greater plan and I think the part that says the discount will expire if account becomes inactive or rate plan is changed is meant to be to a plan lower that $40.  @Alan_K  can you clarify this for this customer.  Am I interpreting this right that only a plan change to under $40 would lose the promo or is it any plan change?  RBC.JPG

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@twinpuller wrote:

The following statement is from the details of this promo.  The promo will expire if rate plan is changed. 

YMMV You are changing it to a higher cost plan.  You may be able to keep the $10 credit.  But it is better to check with moderator first. YMMV

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/RBC-offer

$10 off for 6 months and 5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to eligible Ready-made rate plans of $40/month or greater. Bonus data remains on account until fully used but will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed

twinpuller

@GinYVR wrote:

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@twinpuller wrote:

Was that promo linked to a specific plan or just had to be over a certain dollar value to receive the $10.  Previous $10 off promos just stated that the plan had to cost more than $XX amount.  I think you would be ok as you are going to a higher priced plan but I can't say for sure as I didn't look into the RBC promo as I was already a customer

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.