cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 for 50 plan

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Guess who may be back! Well not, me exactly... I was asked to get some answers on the $10 for 50 mins plan.

Here it goes:

• Is this a monthly plan rather than a 90-day plan?
  • Does the auto-pay discount work? ($2 per month off of the $10?)
  • Is the $10 per month rate permanent or just an introductory rate?
  • Can I top up funds if the 50 mins is used up?

That's it.... hope all you PM peeps have been doing well!!!

25 REPLIES 25

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jonavin wrote:

Something to watch out for. Activated an iPhone and it sent out about 10 text to 474633 to register iMesage. This cuts into your 50 text very quickly.

@Jonavin I'm hoping PM will come up with a workaround for this issue.  I've asked them over here.  Let's see what (if anything) they come up with.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Autopay and referal rewards apply. This means it’s just $7 for me to add a new line for my kids. The non-expiring talk and data addons are great options. I hope text addons become available.

Something to watch out for. Activated an iPhone and it sent out about 10 text to 474633 to register iMesage. This cuts into your 50 text very quickly.

Its funny I had posted in a few threads about having "extra" lines I no longer needed

Then saw this great little plan (future dated!)

With the rewards its free and even has access to 50 cross Canada minutes

jp2

No I had just read the article where PM explains rewards eligibility 

@jp2 wrote:

Called it Smiley Very Happy

But it's good to be thorough 

You sign up this plan?

jp2

Called it Smiley Very Happy

But it's good to be thorough 

srlawren

@Luddite wrote:

So treat this plan as Rewards eligible.

@Luddite I'm not comfortable with this until we have heard one way or the other.  You know what happens when you make assumptions!!!!  

EDIT: nevermind i actually followed the link you said and it sure looks to be eligible.  I guess I'm wrong.  Very surprised a $10 plan would be eligible, but all indications are that it is.  My apologies.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@will13am until we hear otherwise I wouldn't want to say one way or the other.

It is very clear, all non-legacy plans have access to rewards.  If they were to add further plan exclusions, the reward system requirements would need to be revamped alongside release of this plan.  I don't see any indication of this happening.

This is not necessarily true and we don't know how their back-end systems are designed.  You're assuming there is something like a "plan class" that groups a number of common features together such as all-legacy plans and all current in market plans, and the switch for rewards eligibility is at that level.  I don't know that this assumption is valid.  If I were the one designing the plan admin, I would probably put that switch at the individual plan level for maximum flexibility going forward (perhaps with a default setting by plan group or class but ability to override).  I think it's just as valid of an assumption that rewards eligibility is a switch that can be toggled per plan, and that by convention or general policy, all non-legacy plans we've seen so far have been rewards aware.

That said, have we not seen at least one plan in the past that was not legacy but was ineligible for rewards?  I could have sworn there was a promo plan of some kind in the past that fit these parameters.  But I could be remembering wrong.

EDIT: nevermind I guess it's eligible, based on @Luddite's link.  My apologies.  Still seems ridiculous to me, but ....

@Luddite wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

Luddite it would seem really odd to me if it was eligible.  I mean, add in AutoPay and you're down to $8.  Refer a few friends and/or participate well in the community and you could easily get down to or near to $0 very easily.  This plan is so cheap, I can't see it being eligible.  Surely common sense would suggest it isn't.

No confirmation yet BUT the plan details here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/10for50talk50text clearly reference "More Ways to Save". Can't see PM backing out after the koodo transparency fiasco. So treat this plan as Rewards eligible. It's a great plan for this specific segment. It kills Zoomer's minimal talk/text plan.

In the absence of exclusion I would comfortably say without a doubt this plan will have access to all rewards.  It is very clear, all non-legacy plans have access to rewards.  If they were to add further plan exclusions, the reward system requirements would need to be revamped alongside release of this plan.  I don't see any indication of this happening.

@srlawren wrote:

Luddite it would seem really odd to me if it was eligible.  I mean, add in AutoPay and you're down to $8.  Refer a few friends and/or participate well in the community and you could easily get down to or near to $0 very easily.  This plan is so cheap, I can't see it being eligible.  Surely common sense would suggest it isn't.

No confirmation yet BUT the plan details here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/10for50talk50text clearly reference "More Ways to Save". Can't see PM backing out after the koodo transparency fiasco. So treat this plan as Rewards eligible. It's a great plan for this specific segment. It kills Zoomer's minimal talk/text plan.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

TheOldVR

@wetcoaster wrote:

@TheOldVR wrote:

@Luddite - I know right? The only other time one of my threads got half this attention is when I said bye and left PM!!!

This seems to be a good option for Seniors looking for an emergency phone.... I'll pass the info on.

I'm going to suggest getting the $10 plan and throwing on a LD add-on for $20..... the add-on does not expire so it can live there as emergency minutes.

Thanks everyone for the support and your time!!!

Screenshot-2018-4-12 Plans.png

Where do you see $20? Wouldn't that be a US talk, text and data roaming add-on (which does expire 10days after activation.)

My bad.... that $8 option is what I had in my head. $8 for 200 extra minutes is pretty good!

@TheOldVR wrote:

@Luddite - I know right? The only other time one of my threads got half this attention is when I said bye and left PM!!!

This seems to be a good option for Seniors looking for an emergency phone.... I'll pass the info on.

I'm going to suggest getting the $10 plan and throwing on a LD add-on for $20..... the add-on does not expire so it can live there as emergency minutes.

Screenshot-2018-4-12 Plans.png

Where do you see $20? Wouldn't that be a US talk, text and data roaming add-on (which does expire 10days after activation.)

TheOldVR

@Luddite wrote:

@TheOldVR Man, what excitement for $10! Anyway, you can add the long distance add-ons if calling runs out. Nothing doing for texting, though.

Well, if you add a data add-on you could use a messenger app with people who do so as well and save your texts for people with feature phones?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@TheOldVR Man, what excitement for $10! Anyway, you can add the long distance add-ons if calling runs out. Nothing doing for texting, though.

@srlawren Awaiting Rewards issue confirmation of my recollection.

@srlawren wrote:

@Luddite it would seem really odd to me if it was eligible.  I mean, add in AutoPay and you're down to $8.  Refer a few friends and/or participate well in the community and you could easily get down to or near to $0 very easily.  This plan is so cheap, I can't see it being eligible.  Surely common sense would suggest it isn't.

I think like you say it is for a minimalist, I don't think this type of user would be someone spending time on the forum and receiving community rewards but that is from my thoughts of the peopI know who this plan would work for.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren

@Luddite it would seem really odd to me if it was eligible.  I mean, add in AutoPay and you're down to $8.  Refer a few friends and/or participate well in the community and you could easily get down to or near to $0 very easily.  This plan is so cheap, I can't see it being eligible.  Surely common sense would suggest it isn't.

@jp2 wrote:

All plans except old plans and 10 day plans are eligible for rewards.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Who-can-earn-Rewards/td-p/426

There are no 10 day plans. My understanding is that this plan IS eligible for Rewards. @Mary_M?

jp2

All plans except old plans and 10 day plans are eligible for rewards.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Who-can-earn-Rewards/td-p/426

srlawren

@Mary_M is this promo plan eligible for rewards?  I would think not, but it doesn't seem to be clear at the moment.  Thank you!!

@srlawrenI agree, but I haven't seen an explicit and official "The $10 plan is not rewards eligible." statement yet.

I am not going to sign up for it, but if somebody has - their feedback on this would be helpful.

srlawren

@wetcoaster I find it unlikely that this would be a rewards-eligible plan.  Otherwise after AutoPay it would be $8.  Add in a bit of community and/or some referrals and the plan would be free or nearly-free for just about everybody on it.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Ha! I totally missed that one! It's not included in the plan builder though.

There is no indication of this one not being threated like a normal promo plan, unless you count the fact that it's the only one that you can't get through the plan builder. Which to me means:

- 30 days as indicated right under the bold $10

- Rewards apply

- Plan is yours until you choose to change it (or the usual disclaimer in the ToS that they can raise rates whenever they want, whatever comes sooner.)

- Early renewals on the same plan can only be done by the moderators

This is my educated guess. If you want to be ultimately sure I'd check with the mods. If you do so, please come back and tell us, please?

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

This new plan is 30days as stated on the details.  

Do you think there is permanent plan in public mobile still?   

You probably left during that chaos event.

If you used up all your minutes, you can renew early just like other plan. 

It is a good prepaid plan in the market if people dont mind only forum support.

Need Help? Let's chat.