cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 day US roaming addon - expiry date AND time

johnt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

If I purchase the 10 day US roaming addon on Friday, June 16 at 1pm, does that mean it will expire on Monday, June 26 at 1pm. Need to know exactly how this works as I will need to add the add on again and don’t want to get stranded somewhere without service.

Thanks,

John

17 REPLIES 17

Javelle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I need it fix today I will be leaving the country tomorrow An I would like to have everything fix please

Simon_O
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey Dan!

I am sorry to learn that you have experienced this issue.

I just sent you a private message! 🙂

Cheers,

Simon

danielviso
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Mary,

I accidentally bought the "US roaming add-on", while trying to get the "400 min Intl Long Distance". Is there any way we can deactivate it? I'm not moving from Ontario in the near future :S.

I was in a rush, so I had to pay again for the "400 min Intl Long Distance".

Dan

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Always been told to count the first day and not the last
So June 25 makes sense

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

yes, exactly ! 🙂 glad I was able to clarify @ShawnC13

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Thank you Mary so it is 10 Calendar days with the day you sign up being day 1 no matter what time and it ends on 11:59 EDT of day 10.  So my original post on this was correct ok glad it is all clear.

ETA: @johnt so my first post was correct and your addon would expire on June 25th 11:59 ET

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The system does not take the time you activated it into consideration, only the dates, so it would be the night of June 25th 11:59pm going into June 26th midnight. 

Even if you sign up at 11pm, it is considered as day 1

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@Mary_M wrote:

Hey @johnt,

thanks for tagging me !

You have a full 10 days to use this add-on and it should be expiring June 25th 2017 at 11:59pm. 

Does this make sense ? 🙂

Mary

@Mary_M, sorry just want to get clarification.  So the day you sign up is Day 1 even if it was at 11PM today, even thought here is only 1 hour left it would count as a day?  I just want to make sure I am clear as I will be needing this soon.  So it is 10 Calendar Days and the day you sign up is day one that is a better way to present it if the question comes up again.  Not 10- 24 hour days ( by that I mean 8am -8am day one).  Sorry if I have made this more confusing

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Mary_M No that does not make sense UNLESS day 1 ends at midnight on the date of activation. 24 hours after the activation in question is noon June 17; so, 10 x 24 periods ends noon June 26.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mary_M Actually no this does not make sense. 

10 FULL days implies 10 x 24hrs = 240hrs

(June 16 @ 1pm) + 240 hrs = June 26 @1pm.  So would it not go to June26 11:59pm?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @johnt,

thanks for tagging me !

You have a full 10 days to use this add-on and it should be expiring June 25th 2017 at 11:59pm. 

Does this make sense ? 🙂

Mary

johnt

sorry everyone, I am a real newb with this message board, as I mistook someones post as a reponse from a Public Mobile for which I did open a support request with for this answer.

So as mentione before maybe @Mary_M would be able to clarify this so we have an answer from  a PM representative

@johnt, thanks for posting that.  So you get 10 full 24 hour days and it expires at 11:59 of the 10th full day

ETA after confirmation from a MOD my first post was correct and you have 10 Calendar days with the day you sign up being day one and it expires at 11:59 ET of your 10th day

nd

Thanks @ShawnC13, edited my post just in case I was incorrect!

johnt

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@johnt, I think it would expire on June 25 11:59 PM EDT as if you purchase today that would be day 1 and it ends at 11:59 EDT tonight.

ETA: @nd hmm you got me thinking now.  I wonder if @Mary_M would be able to clarify this for the member so we have an answer from  a PM representative

nd

EDITED: I believe it would expire on Monday, June 26 at 11:59pm, but best to get a mod to confirm.

EDIT #2: It would expire on Sunday, June 25 at 11:59pm

Need Help? Let's chat.