cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 bucks a month plan??????

MartAnthony
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is the $10 a month plan gone now? I can not find it and what to help someone join for $10 a month.

20 REPLIES 20

@computergeek541I wouldn't say it's that hard...just requires some motivation and diligence. It took me 2 months to get a $0 plan. Technically  if my rewards were spread evenly between my two accounts I pay $16. If my second plan was the $15 I would be paying $1 for two plans...achieved in three months since switching to public mobile. That's an 80% and 98.8% reduction in price as i was paying previously with telus and freedom.

@Aiden wrote:

Use speakout if it’s truly emergency phone line

Minimum $25/year to keep line active and cost like $0.40/min

when you run out, just top up again through your phone with vouchers or credit card

each top up carries over remaining balance so if you never use a minute in one year, you top up and now have $50 to use in year 2

This route might not be for everyone, but you could potentially get a year of service for $15.  The old $10 and $15 plans aren't that difficult to get free service with when you combine them with autopay, loyalty, refer-a-friend, and Community rewards. It takes a little time and some work, but it's certainly doable.

@srlawren  Lol...i see your point. Next on my learning list....highlighting. As in....with the promo and credits and rewards you will end up paying on average $10 a month for the $15 dollar plan. Someone needs to teach me how to do a "spoiler".

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious I'm going to guess that your post contains some well thought out and helpful information; the problem is, I took one glance at it and went cross-eyed.  

Whitespace.  

Is.

Your.

Friend.

Please use it.

That is all.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@MartAnthony  I wish I had seen your post on Monday when the promotion was still on....but consider this for your friend who wants an "emergency " phone. This promotion offered a free SIM, a free month and the referral credit of $10. ($20 for you) On a $15 plan ($13 w/autopay) that's $3 more per month but after the initial $15 outlay you would recieve: $10+$15+$4(2×$2 autopay)=$29 2nd month $29-15=$14+$2a/p=$16 3rd month $16-$15=$1+$2a/p=$3 4th month $3 add $12 payment. Balance at $0 Afterwards $13 per month. At this point you've paid $27 for four months or $6.75 per month. Add in 2 more months ×$13=$53or $8.83 per month. Add six more months ×$13=$78+$53=$131÷12=$10.91 per month over 360 days(almost a year). $0.91 more than the $10 plan take the free SIM into account and it works out to $10.07. Your second year would be $13 -$1 loyalty= $12 per month. A couple of referrals gets you back down to $10 per month. Or if it's just a back up phone and you don't care about the phone number the next time a good promo comes along you cancel and start again. You could keep it under $10 by doing that....or stay and by year 5 with loyalty  and autopay rewards it's $8 a month. Or who knows maybe they'll bring the $10 plan back. If your paying for the service the $20 referral credit you would receive would bring the average month cost down another $1.67 per month=$8.40 per month over one year.

Aiden
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Use speakout if it’s truly emergency phone line

Minimum $25/year to keep line active and cost like $0.40/min

when you run out, just top up again through your phone with vouchers or credit card

each top up carries over remaining balance so if you never use a minute in one year, you top up and now have $50 to use in year 2

Loo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

To the OP, you can also check out Rogers, they have a $10 Talk & Text plan with 50 minutes and 50 texts.

Loo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@MartAnthony You might want to check into Bell's $5 plan. Not sure if they still have it or how many minutes it offers, but if it's enough for you, it could save you even more money. 

In case anyone is interested in this, they do still have the $5 plan at Bell, but it only has 10 local minutes on it with no text messages. 

@TJCANADA wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@MartAnthony  Cheapest plan is the $15 that includes unlimited incoming calls unlimited texting 100 outgoing minutes and 250MB of data all for $13 with AutoPay.

I got the $15 plan and I did NOT go for Autp Pay, but both My Plan and under My Usage, they are showing 250 MB.

Is this a new thing from PM where they give you the 250 MB for use anyway WITHOUT Auto Pay?

I understand I will be paying $15/month and not $13/month, but why are they giving me 250 MB without Auto Pay? 

Also I did not buy any extra data add on, so the 250 MB seems to be part of the plan.

Is it possible, you checked the box during signup and then unchecked it after sign up was completed. I had that happen to me once and I got the 250 and so far it has not returned. 

However, I also had the $2 in my add. Funds. Anyway, understandably, I was not concerned. I made sure auto-pay was off (which I strongly recommend to people) removed the cc #, and cracked a cold one to celebrate!

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@MartAnthony You might want to check into Bell's $5 plan. Not sure if they still have it or how many minutes it offers, but if it's enough for you, it could save you even more money. 

MartAnthony

Thank you everyone who replied but I am not paying $15 bucks a month for and emergency only cell phone. I do not need the extra talk time. All I need is a basic 50 minutes on a simple flip phone. I don't even need text messages. So I may as well just stay with the plan the phone is on for 10 bucks a month plus tax. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TJCANADA wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@MartAnthony  Cheapest plan is the $15 that includes unlimited incoming calls unlimited texting 100 outgoing minutes and 250MB of data all for $13 with AutoPay.

I got the $15 plan and I did NOT go for Autp Pay, but both My Plan and under My Usage, they are showing 250 MB.

Is this a new thing from PM where they give you the 250 MB for use anyway WITHOUT Auto Pay?

I understand I will be paying $15/month and not $13/month, but why are they giving me 250 MB without Auto Pay? 

Also I did not buy any extra data add on, so the 250 MB seems to be part of the plan.

Like I said in your other thread about this...mysteries. Let it be.

@TJCANADA wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

If you want to give it back, just click the ? in lower right side of page to start process of contacting the moderators. Otherwise...just enjoy the early Xmas gift.

You won't be back-billed for the 250MB gift.

TJCANADA

@geopublic wrote:

@MartAnthony wrote:

Thanks for your fast reply. Looks like I am returning 1 sim card to Amazon. 

While Amazon may take the sim card back, when a buyer just changes his or her mind, they do charge a return shipping fee. It might not be worth sending back.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MartAnthony wrote:

@MartAnthony 

You can try.  But my understanding is that SM card cannot be returned.  But who know... Amazon may accept SIM card return.  Keep us updated.

MartAnthony

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@MartAnthony , it has been removed from the options long ago, presumably due to excessive popularity and the lack of profit.  

Need Help? Let's chat.