cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 Monthly Plan and 500 min add ons

szaman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a monthly $10 plan with auto renew. I then purchased an add on - 500 minutes Canada wide long distance. I just received a text saying that I have used 45 mins out of my monthly 50 mins. When the monthly plan minutes expire will it automatically start to deduct from my add on of 500 minutes or will my phone be disconnected until the next monthly renewal date. Thanks for your help. 

10 REPLIES 10

deepatiwari

Thank you for the details. I mean to say consumes

@kselmak wrote:

@deepatiwari wrote:

It will automatically start deducting from 500 minutes bucket until it consumes all 500 or reaches to end of the billing cycle whatever comes first

Oh it doesn't end with the billing cycle, unless specifically stated (10 day for example) the add-ons stay on y your account until consumed or account account shuts down. It really turns $10 and $15 plans into no worry plans:)

@kselmak wrote:

@deepatiwari wrote:

It will automatically start deducting from 500 minutes bucket until it consumes all 500 or reaches to end of the billing cycle whatever comes first

Oh it doesn't end with the billing cycle, unless specifically stated (10 day for example) the add-ons stay on y your account until consumed or account account shuts down. It really turns $10 and $15 plans into no worry plans:)

@kselmak wrote:

@deepatiwari wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

@deepatiwari wrote:

all 500 minutes in the billing cycle. Of course if not then rest will can be used in the future

@deepatiwari wrote:

deepatiwari

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@szaman wrote:

I have a monthly $10 plan with auto renew. I then purchased an add on - 500 minutes Canada wide long distance. I just received a text saying that I have used 45 mins out of my monthly 50 mins. When the monthly plan minutes expire will it automatically start to deduct from my add on of 500 minutes or will my phone be disconnected until the next monthly renewal date. Thanks for your help. 

@szaman  Think of the add-on as a backup minutes bucket. It works similar to a backup power generator. Once the power goes out (your current plan minutes are used up) then the generator (add-on minutes) kicks in until the power comes back on (new 50 plan minutes after plan renewal).

szaman

Perfect thanks everyone for the quick responses. Appreciated.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

When you login to your selfserve do you see 500 minutes add-on? Sometimes people forget it's a 2 step process withdraw money them make purchase.

Anonymous
Not applicable

And automatic even during a call.

It's a great add-on.

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@szaman wrote:

Yes, you are right.  Once you use up your plan minutes, you will start deducting from your 500 min add on.  It is automatic and your service will continue. The good thing is the add on minutes do not expire.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@szaman , the included usage in the plan will always be used first before transitioning to using add-on.  This transition is automatic.  You don't need to do anything. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@szaman 

If you purchased add on and it is showing in your add on section in self service account, you should have no problems.  It will automatically start using your add on.

Need Help? Let's chat.