cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 Day US Roaming Add-on expiry

Glamourlash3d
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I purchase 1gb of US roaming add-on. My trip was postponed a few days. I tried to go see when the add-on was activated and when it expires. It says 10 days but that’s it. Is it 10 days from when we first start using it?

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dhughes370 @Dunkman technically, these are 9.x day add-ons, as the clock starts ticking as soon as you buy the add-on.  Whether you purchase at 12:01 AM Eastern time or 11:59 PM Eastern time, that purchase date is day 1.  After that, you get 9 full calendar days, ending at midnight eastern as @Dunkman noted.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@dhughes370 

@dhughes370 wrote:

What time does the 10-day us roaming expire? If I bought it on the first of the month at noon does it expire at noon on the 11th day of the month or when? This should be stated clearly when one purchases such an item. If you need service you need to know when it ends. This is a poor product since it's not properly explained and you don't know what time to activate the next 10-day cycle since it activates immediately as well.

According to help article:

All U.S. Roaming Add-Ons will last 10 days. This 10-day period begins when you pay for the Add-On and ends 10 days later at 11:59PM ET.

So, in your case, it will end on December 10 midnight ET

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/us-roaming

dhughes370
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What time does the 10-day us roaming expire? If I bought it on the first of the month at noon does it expire at noon on the 11th day of the month or when? This should be stated clearly when one purchases such an item. If you need service you need to know when it ends. This is a poor product since it's not properly explained and you don't know what time to activate the next 10-day cycle since it activates immediately as well.

If you're buying through the website, you can buy early, then activate it by adding it again when you cross the border, as it's a two step process.  Step 1 puts funds into balance, step 2 loads and activates the addon.

611 adds it immediately upon. Purchase.  Otherwise, everything above is correctly stated.

@GR is correct and even if you bought it at 11:59 pm, that day counts as Day 1.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Glamourlash3d  In the future wait until the day of your departure to purchase the US add ons. You can top up the balance in your account ahead of time. Then on departure day when you know for certain you're on your way then log in, choose the add on and purchase it. Unfortunately they do not have an option to choose an activation day for add ons they all start immeadiately.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Glamourlash3d  it's 10 days from the day you bought it

Need Help? Let's chat.