cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 GB Promo not working?

krashtray
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I have 2 GB of data and on my account under that I've had a 1 GB promo for months but once my data gets close to 2GB I get a text saying I'm at 75% or 90% of my data usage. I've never attempted to go over this because I don't want to be charged but is the 1 extra GB going to be applied once I go over 2GB or do I have to do something to use it?

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @krashtray ,

You can just ignore that message. That is just Public Mobile giving you a warning that your PLAN data is 75% and 95% used up.

Take it as a Thanks for a Heads UP reminder...maybe it is helpful for some to know that this is just their PLAN data, so that they can know they still have there PROMO data to use incase.

FYI - there will be NO overages - none of that here at Public Mobile! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krashtray wrote:

So I have 2 GB of data and on my account under that I've had a 1 GB promo for months but once my data gets close to 2GB I get a text saying I'm at 75% or 90% of my data usage. I've never attempted to go over this because I don't want to be charged but is the 1 extra GB going to be applied once I go over 2GB or do I have to do something to use it?

Oh! Maybe they've fixed the notification text.

So there are no extra charges here. Having the data add-on, it will be used when you run out of plan data. Then when you renew, it steps back and your plan data goes again.

Edit: speedy typers

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@krashtray wrote:

Yes, once you use up your 2GB, the promo will be used automatically.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

There are no overcharges with PM as everything is prepaid. If you use up all your 30 day data then your add-on data kicks in.

If you use 400mb of add-on data then your plan renews for next 30 days. You'd keep the unused add-on data and it will revert back to your 30 day plan data until next time the add-on is needed until the add-on is all used up.

Need Help? Let's chat.