cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

how to request a new telephone number

How do you request a new telephone number. The situation is here you have a second phone and you do not want to port over your existing number

Mayor / Maire

Re: how to request a new telephone number

@Dik13,

For new customers or to open a second account, you must join the BETA phase of Public Mobile.

They are temporarily accepting new customers only by invitation. You must register here : http://publicmobile.ca/en/on/beta

You will be contacted by email within a few weeks. Once you receive your invitation code, you will be able to subscribe on Public Mobile and order a free of charge SIM card.

For now, there is no faster way to subscribe on Public Mobile. They are in BETA to make sure everything works perfectly before the official launch.

If I answered your question, please accept my post as the solution.

Yes. I applied as a new member. Thank yoy.
Mayor / Maire

@Dik13,

I really hope that you will receive your invitation code ASAP but by experience, its takes around 8 to 10 weeks.

Great. Just received my invite.

Now how do I go about setting up a new telephone number.

I'm not bringing a number with me.

Legend

Hi,

The process is very simple. Login to your self-serve account, and click Plan and Add-ons. That will bring up several subtabs, one of which is Change Phone Number. You will then have a selection of numbers from which to choose by province and city. You will be given a selection of 5 numbers from which to choose.

If you don't like any of them, come back in a few days and they will be different, or choose one and then, during the next billing cycle, you can change it again.

Welcome to Public Mobile!
Legend

BTW, changing phone numbers, which can be done only once per billing cycle, is free of charge.
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Only thing I like to add is don't abuse this Privileged because Telus Group of companies are really the only companies that give you this Privilege free via self serve
Legend

Mommyandwife,

Thank you for the Bravo. Much appreciated!

Cheers.