cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retraité / Retired

What is a Pioneer customer?

A Pioneer customer refers to someone who (i) joined Public Mobile before January 27th, 2015, and (ii) is not on a rewards eligible rate plan.  Pioneer customers are on plans that are no longer available to new customers, and these plans include access to a 1-855-4PUBLIC call centre.

If you are on a rewards eligible plan you are not on a Pioneer plan.

Mayor / Maire

Re: What is a Pioneer customer?

@Mat_F,

Pin your post to the Featured Topics.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

so i dont get rewards for being a pioneer since 2012

Mayor / Maire

aaronsanto wrote:

so i dont get rewards for being a pioneer since 2012

That's correct.  You won't get any rewards as long as you stay on that plan.  You can choose to stay on your currrent plan or you can decide to change to one of the current in-market plans.    If you do decide to make a change, usually you'll wish to have the change take effect on the next plan renewal date so that you won't lose any of the money that you've already paid for the current billing cycle on your current plan.  I also believe that Pioneer customers are required to call *611 to make any plan changes so that the customer service person can explain that you will no longer be elgible to use the call centre if you go through with it.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

All that was said is right, but just feel the need to mention one more thing.

Indeed, you may feel the need to speak for the last time with an agent by dialing 611 if you decided to change your non-in market plan (and then he may also be able to schedule the rate plan change to take place at the renewal date, to not lose anything from what you already paid, as this cannot be done through the Self Serve about which I will add more details as you will see below, at least not when the change will be in a different day than the renewal and you will like to have delayed until then).

The best will be to let the agent to guide you and see how you can do yourself the rate plan change from the Self Serve (or to register a Self Serve profile, if you don't have any, as this will be crucial to manage your account when you will have to rely only on community and moderators and won't be able anymore to reach an agent at 611). Then you will do it in the same day of the renewal, but if you see that the money you top-up to activate the newer plan was used by the older one, don't worry - you may still be able to call 611 to get that fixed (the new plan wasn't yet activated and you will still be able call 611, if you do that in the same day, the agent as well having access to your account in that same day).

nice to see that PM is always evolving.  i wonder though, was the pioneer plans cheaper than they are today?  Just curious

Oracle

@murray22 Does curiosity unsatisfied lead to grumpiness. If so, we can't have that! Robot LOL Voila the Laegacy plans preJan 27/15.

legacy plans.jpeg

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.

Interesting. So the only benefit of the Pioneer Plans is around the clock account support. I guess there will always be those who would jump at the offer a new plan at the same rate with extra features that are complacent and simply uninformed of the new plans. 

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

And also you will get a pretty poor service when you make change. 

I know a lot about it!