cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Legend

Re: What are the pioneer plans?

Hi @kav2001c,

I don't believe that the unlimited data plan, which you referenced yesterday, still exists.

Prior to all customers having migrated to Telus' 4G network, a fair-use policy was published while some still had access to the 3G network.

FYI.
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for the additional information, @Martin. It goes to support my hypothesis that no truly unlimited plan is still around in the wild, on any Canadian wireless carrier.

Mayor / Maire

@Martin to the best of my recollection the only plans that Public discontinued were the old Siren plans (on CDMA). Right before the Telus takeover they were insanely priced (as Public even had a $10 monthly credit added)

Mayor / Maire

@7789849803 the only "true" unlimited plans in existence today without throttling are the corp packages which are only offered to specific employees and not general public

The writing was on the wall when Bell/Telus even removed unlimited data on the special CFT plans; if they won't grandfather it for them no chance any regular client could keep

Legend

Hi @kav2001c,

Are you disagreeing with, or adding to, something in my post? If so, what?

Cheers.
Mayor / Maire

Just adding CDMA Siren to discontinued lists Smiley Happy

Legend

Hi @kav2001c,

I had Siren when PM was still CDMA. It was fantastic! :-)

Martin
Mayor / Maire

Sounds to me like it would have been much too loud, but if @Martin says it was fantastic, then it must have been so! Smiley Tongue

Oracle

@7789849803 You are Martin are much too young to remember but those sirens calling Ulysses were were seriously compelling. Too bad they are no longer available; PM could make good use of them to attract new customers.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Legend

Hi @Luddite,

I concede that your age is quite significant.

I'm not a toddler by any definition, however. I remember working on wooden whaling ships, with mermaids calling to us from rocky shorelines. We called them sirens.

FYI.