cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Terrible call centre experience

I was a pioneeer who a couple months ago was thinking about switching to the promotion plan at that time...$40 unlimited text call and 4gb late data on a 90 plan. I called the call centre to discuss options and they notified me that there was a new plan coming out soon that would be better and I should wait....based on their advice I did....and I got screwed!!!

after waiting and seeing the WORSER plans that came out, I called in to complain...no help there. Even though I relied on the call reps information previously, they could not do anything to rectify the situation...

I have always been happy with public mobile until this experience....

now I'm on the current $40 plan with only 3G data and 2gb per month

Re: Terrible call centre experience

They also misinformed me that I would not get any loyalty rewards after switching plans 

public mobile....your call reps should have been trained MUCH BETTER

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The reason why public mobile have such cheap prices is because they reduced prices by not having in call customer service. Meaning, the only way you'll get help is from this forum. I personally have no complains with them and I've been with them for awhile now.

back to school promos are still going on. Also last november they did launch the 40/4gb plan for the first time. I would wait a couple more months to see if there are any better offerings. 

Oracle

@passiveegg wrote:
The reason why public mobile have such cheap prices is because they reduced prices by not having in call customer service. Meaning, the only way you'll get help is from this forum. I personally have no complains with them and I've been with them for awhile now.

PM does have call in customer service but only for people on very old (legasy and pioneer) plans.  PM and Koodo have activly tried to move them towards the current plans.

As for the call center saying not to switch to a the plan... they could have been told that new and exciting plans were coming but not given the details.

There is always the current zoomer 2gb deal if you are unhappy with PM.

Retraité / Retired

Hey @Vballxox,

thank you for taking the time to share your comments and your concern !

First and foremost, I'm really sorry to hear that your experience with the call center was not how you expected. I'd be more than happy to hear about your feedback, I've sent you a private message

In regards to the rewards, I can definitely confirm the information. As long as you switch to a pick & pay plan, you will receive rewards. On the other hand, they are not retroactive. The only retroactive reward you may earn is the loyalty reward - as long as you activated after May 14th 2014. 

I can always take a look into your account, kindly refer to my private message for more details Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
Oracle

@Vballxox, call centres are not the panacea unless you like listening to music.  Yesterday, I tried to help a friend with getting a better deal on Koodo.  She didn't want to go through the hassle of switching carriers.  Two hours of music later, she was booted off the queue and asked to leave a call back message.  I think I am going to try to coax her onto the zoomer deal which is $36 for 2 gigs.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/zoomer-wireless-zoomer-wireless-deal-36-2gb-2122613/

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Vballxox,

Sorry to hear about your call centre experience. I am sure you are in good hands with Mary from the Moderator Team. Keep us posted and good luck. Smiley Happy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public mobile doesn’t offer loyalty plans like Koodo and TELUS because it is prepaid, that why they can’t satisfiy you when the plan is not available. But now you can get 4.5GB for $40 and it is Canada wide Talk, NOT province wide!!!