cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Showing no service

Hi,

I have been using public mobile for last 4 years. There were no problems untill yesterday. My phone is not showing no service. I have restarted my phone so many times but it still showing the same. I have not been able to text or call and receive any calls or texts due to this. I would like to know what might be the problem. If someone can help me out then that would be great. 

Thanks

Re: Showing no service

Hi,

Also I would like to know if I am eligible to transfer my account to Koodo or any other service with the same plan? Will this be beacause of my phone anything related to the plan or the number? I mean the above mentioned probelm.

Thanks

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ponnuxavier89

Did your no service issue start at your renewal date??As for changing providers..you may go where every you like you can keep your phone number but you cannot take your plan with you.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You might want to try the Lost/Stolen trick to see if it refreshes your SIM's provisioning. Go to your account (the one you pay your bill from, not your forum account), click "Plans and Addons" and then click on "Lost/Stolen Phone" follow the steps tehre to report the phone Lost/Stolen and then wait at least 5-10 minutes. Then report the phone found. This will basically disable your SIM, then when you report it found it will reactivate your SIM fresh. This can clear up issues similar to the ones your are experiencing. If this occured after renewal, check to see if you actually paid your renewal and didn't have Non-sufficient-Funds/Expired payment method.

I think you should get a new SIM card

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

do you have another phone to try with the sim? 

Mayor / Maire

@ThatOtherPeep, @ghelper 

This thread is two months old and already contains some good replies for trouble shooting the op's problem.

While @ponnuxavier89 never reported back, we have to assume that they have solved their issue by now.