cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not receiving the service I paid for

I can't check my voicemail it says I don't have long distance and I could pay for a add on I also can't send picture video messages I have a plan that includes bit picture video messaging and unlimited  long distance I need help fixing this but I can't get ahold of customer service

Highlighted
Oracle

Re: Not receiving the service I paid for

@Shelby1 If you have talk in your plan, you should be able to access your voicemail by dialing your own number. 

As for the mms messaging, check your APN settings and make sure it is matching the one found here: https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Thank you using my phone number for voice mail worked 

Still cant send picture video messages  I have set up the apn setting just like the website says I can connect and use my data but it will not let me send picture video messages

Oracle

@Shelby1 wrote:

Still cant send picture video messages  I have set up the apn setting just like the website says I can connect and use my data but it will not let me send picture video messages

MMS messaging issue is almost always related to the APN settings. Even a single space in settings could cause the issue. So double check it is correct. Also make sure you turn on your data to send and receive mms messages. If you still cannot send mms messages, post screenshot of your apn settings here and so we can try to see if there is any error. 

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just.went through the exact same thing.  I follwed all the steps that were suggested but still nothing.

Somebody suggested that I add some more money to my account even though they already took my payment.  I figured I had nothing to lose since I haven't had service for two weeks.  You can add any amount, so I bought a $22 payment card, added it to my account and it actually worked.  I finally have my service back.  The extra money you add to your account just stays there as a credit.

Screenshot_2018-12-30-18-48-20.png

Screenshot_2018-12-30-18-48-17.png

Screenshot_2018-12-30-18-48-12.png

Screenshot_2018-12-30-18-48-03.png

Looking at the IP address, it appears to me that there is a space between the dot and the 18.

There should be no space.

Mayor / Maire

@Shelby1 wrote:

Did you drill down to your specific make/model of phone on the gishan site that NDesai linked?

What make/model of phone is it anyway?

It looks like you have bluetooth and wifi on but I don't think I see data like LTE or something.

I'm eyeing APN Type.

Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@Shelby1 wrote:

Did you drill down to your specific make/model of phone on the gishan site that NDesai linked?

What make/model of phone is it anyway?

It looks like you have bluetooth and wifi on but I don't think I see data like LTE or something.

I'm eyeing APN Type.

Adding to this observation: Sending and receiving MMS needs an active data connection. MMS will not count as usage of your plan data (you will see the label "data event" with a 0MB usage in your usage history).

Another thing to try out: change your messaging app and / or make sure that you have the latest version.

A while ago the stock messaging app on my Android phone acted up often when I tried to send and receive MMS. I switched to Messages (Google's messaging app, it had a glitch in one of their updates which subsequently got fixed) and Textra - has worked flawlessly for me for over a year now. (make sure you are comfortable with the fine print of any app you install...)

There is no space I double checked