cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not everyone can text/call me on PM

I recently unlocked my Bell Iphone 7 and set up PM account. Sim is working but I can't seem to text or call some people on my list and same goes for them, can't call or text me.. My landline house phone says my number is not in service.. I transfered my number over also..

thx

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Not everyone can text/call me on PM

If by "transfer" you mean ported your number from another provider, then you should give it a little bit to take effect.

Yeah sry, ported over from bell. Its been 3 almost 4 days now...

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh 3-4 days is a bit longer than I expected. Mine porting worked right away after 1-2 hours. I guess your best bet would be to contact the moderators.

Oracle

Landline ports take up to 48 hours.  This is definitely too long.  Time to private message moderator and have them look into it.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

thx.

I contacted a mod. see where it goes..

Highlighted
Oracle

@coppertop Check your landline to see if it working. Mine worked until the port-in completed.

iMessage won't set up properly until the transfer is complete unless you are on wifi, or cellular data.

What plan did you pick? Can you see it says "Active" when you login to your account?

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.

My landline is working fine, its under a different name so it shouldn't have anything to do with my phone.... Other cellphones who worked fine when I used bell no longer can call me or text me and vice versa, they call and says number isn' in service.

• This plan includes: -
  • - 15GB at 4G LTE Speed /90days
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@coppertop Is your issue resolved?
I had similar issue when ported my number to PM: when people called me from landline phone they would hear "The cellular number you have called is not assigned", but calls from cell phones worked fine.
I suggest you do a manual search, from your phone, go to Settings, Carrier, Automatic, Public Mobile. Once done, do not forget to reboot your device and make another test.