cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Loyalty? No Loyalty reward!

@Sandy_B if you have phone support, you are not eligible for any rewards. You need to switch plans to a rewards eligible plan, or any current available plan.

If you want to rewards call 611 say you want to lose phone support. Then message mods stating what plan you want. 

Mayor / Maire

@Sandy_B wrote:

On another note, the customer service rep. when I called also said that if I wanted to change to a new "eligible" plan I would have to cancel my original account, go buy another sim card and start a new account. I couldn't simply be changed over to a new plan. Basically, starting over as a new customer. This made absolutely no sense at all!

Thanks for the comments......

@Sandy_B they said this to you???  Yeah, that's 100% incorrect.  Egads.  Yeah maybe try calling in again.  This is 100% wrong, you can keep your current SIM and account and they can do the plan change for you.  In fact, if it's easier, the moderator team can also do that for you.  You might as well at least get familiar with how to contact them for help (see here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745 ), wether or not you choose to message them for this.  It may take a while is the only draw back, it could be a few days before they get to the change for you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Oracle

@srlawren my understanding is one needs to call 611 to confirm the loss of call support before mods will change plans.

Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@srlawren my understanding is one needs to call 611 to confirm the loss of call support before mods will change plans.

@mimmo no, the mods are able to do that too.  I confirmed that a while back with either Mary or Shazia as someone at the time was having a hard time with the 611 support for whatever reason that I no longer recall.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It has been solved! I called customer service back and right away speaking to a different agent she told me yes, you will get the $4 loyalty reward and she changed my plan right away while I was on the phone. Crazy! I would love to know who the customer service agent was the first time, ridiculous that he would tell me all the wrong information. Even telling me I need to cancel my account and buy a sim and make a new one! It wasn't even an argument with the 2nd agent, she knew right away the correct answers.

I'm only upset now because the whole point was to change my plan, then sign up my husband so we could get the extra credits and rewards for signing up before Jan. 1st! Well, that didn't happen because of the 1st agent. So frustrating that I got an incompetent agent the first time who had no idea, telling things that were completely false!

Mayor / Maire

Interesting discussion

I was always under the impression you could not earn loyalty rewards prior to the rewards program launching (2015)

But you are correct in that it clearly says rewards are based on *your* tenure not the programs

(I wonder if that is what caused all the glitches in one of my ancient accounts...)

Did your bill run yet? Were correct rewards applied?