cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Loyalty? No Loyalty reward!

Here is my message I sent to the Moderator Team yesterday. Waiting to hear their reply.

**I just got off the phone with customer service (he was very good). I am a long time customer who joined Public Mobile on Sept. 5, 2014 (our tenure began on this date). Yes I joined PM before Jan. 27, 2015 (142 days before this date!). I was calling customer service to change my plan as I couldn't change it on-line. I wanted to change to a new plan and get the Loyalty reward and other rewards that go with it. But I was told that I was not eligible for a loyalty reward! I was told that I am entitled to $0 a month for loyalty because I signed up before Jan. 27, 2015. 

**Is the customer service rep. on the phone mistaked/misinformed? This is what the web-site says, "Your tenure began when you first activated with Public Mobile. For instance, if you joined 3 years ago on a Legacy plan, and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, your Loyalty Reward will begin at $3 per 30 days."

**So then shouldn't I be entitled to the loyalty reward when I changeover to an "eligible" plan like the web-site says! Help me make sense of this, how can I not be rewarded? How is it possible that after nearly 5 years as a customer I get $0 a month going forward? I have asked to speak to someone going forward. I am to receive a phone call on Wed. Jan. 30, 2019 between 5 and 7 pm!!

Thanks for reading........

From the PM web-site:

Considerations for Rewards-ineligible Customers

Customers who are on a Legacy / Pioneer or 10-day plan not eligible for Rewards. If you are a Legacy / Pioneer customer and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, please note:

• Rewards will not be applied retroactively: Rewards will only be earned from the date you switched to an eligible plan.
  • Your tenure began when you first activated with Public Mobile. For instance, if you joined 3 years ago on a Legacy plan, and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, your Loyalty Reward will begin at $3 per 30 days.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Loyalty? No Loyalty reward!

@Sandy_B, Pretty sure you should be eligible for loyalty rewards if you switch to a current plan.  If my calculation is correct, $4/mth until next Sept(ish), then $5.  Keep in mind that if you switch to a current plan, you lose access to telephone support.

Oracle

The phone rep was correct if you stay on your current plan. If you switch to a rewards eligible plan then you will get loyalty etc rewards.  You will probably get $3 because loyalty is counted from when the rewards plans were intriduced, not when you joined PM.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

sounds like a grandfathered issue. They will probably clear it up more when u talk to them

Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

...  because loyalty is counted from when the rewards plans were intriduced, not when you joined PM.

@mimmoare you sure about that?  The KB article just says ... "Your tenure began when you first activated with Public Mobile."

Mayor / Maire

@abTest @mimmo originally, it didn't kick in until you changed plans to a rewards-eligible plan.  However, I believe that was changed 2-3 years ago to recognize the full time with PM once you switch to a rewards-eligible plan.  @NDesai @will13am @ShawnC13 @Luddite someone please correct me if I have this wrong or backward.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Oracle

@abTest 99% recall a couple posts a while back.  (I think on the price increase threads for legasy customers)  and consensus was loyalty counted starting when the plans were introduced.

I could be wrong though. I am sure one of the orackes can confirm either way.

Edit found this thread.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Effective-February-15th-changes-are-hap...

Mayor / Maire

@mimmo oh okay, so it's neither a) from the time you originally signed up, nor b) from the time you change to a rewards-eligible plan.  It's actually c), from Feb 2015 onward, once you switch to a rewards-eligible plan.  Thanks for the clarification (also thanks to @imm1304 for the original clarification Smiley Wink )

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Oracle

@srlawren @mimmo  @Sandy_B The official ruling is here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Loyalty-Pays/m-p/398#M2. So Loyalty Reward from date (after May 2014) of joining PM once one has a Rewards elligible plan.

Find Mansi's post therein: 

"Tenure is accumulated when you are an active customer (activated after May 2014), no matter what plan you are on.

That means you can only start getting Loyalty Pays rewards once you are on an eligible plan but the tenure count is on since you activate your account

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Everyone is saying the same thing! Basically, we are all in agreement that I should be getting a loyalty reward. It is just the tenure date in question, but at the very least Feb. 2015 as a tenure date. Should I call customer service again?

On another note, the customer service rep. when I called also said that if I wanted to change to a new "eligible" plan I would have to cancel my original account, go buy another sim card and start a new account. I couldn't simply be changed over to a new plan. Basically, starting over as a new customer. This made absolutely no sense at all!

Thanks for the comments......