cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
abm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Koodo migration code doesn't work

I got a text code to switch to Koodo with bonus under my legacy plan but the code isn't being accepted. I tried calling Public Mobile, who told me to call Koodo and I've been dropped once and now on hold for over 2 hours. Can someone please help me?

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Koodo migration code doesn't work

Koodo would likely be the only help but out of curiosity what is the promo code you are using?

Also you mentioned "legacy" plan - what plan do you have with PM now and what did the text offer say?

Mayor / Maire

Why not switch to a public mobile in market plan? You will be given 2-3$ loyalty in addition to referals and autopay?

@abmwrote:

I got a text code to switch to Koodo with bonus under my legacy plan but the code isn't being accepted. I tried calling Public Mobile, who told me to call Koodo and I've been dropped once and now on hold for over 2 hours. Can someone please help me?

I assume that as a (former) legacy-plan customer you had access to a PM call center?  One does not simply call PM anymore, lol, it's all about flagging/messaging the mods in this PM Community forum.

But it's a Koodo offer, not a PM offer, you need to contact Koodo.  In fact, if PM had anything to do with it then it would (should) have been arranged so that they would "automatically" handle the transition for you from their end ... which they evidently have not done.

Two hours hold is rudely excessive.  It seems you need to go directly to a Koodo rep, not get passed around between them on the phone.  If they make you wait two hours then you can spend your time shopping for a better deal and better service at the other cellphone kiosks in the mall.

Oracle

@abmwrote:

I understand the Legacy-Koodo offer has expired.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
abm

The text offer said to switch to Koodo and get 3 bonus GB data with a deadline of March 15. The code is/was GOKOODOL454.

tbh, PM is getting worse and worse to deal with so I'd rather jump ship

abm

I'd really rather just leave now if possible, especially with the texted offer

@Luddite

@abm's story about missing the offer seems to be a common one.  Which suggests to me that either PM didn't communicate it well enough or that they allowed/forced Koodo to put far too short a "limited-time" onto it.  It seems to me that PM unwisely chose to abandon their call center line before using it as a last-ditch contact follow-up on customers who hadn't responded.

Yes, this PM Community forum is the primary (only) point of contact between PM's staff and PM's customers ... but we can't seriously be expected to check in every couple weeks to make sure there's no impending changes (and limited-time decisions) involving our accounts.  I have a phone in my pocket, I would expect somebody from the phone company to actually phone it before cutting me off, lol - even a "phone company without a phone number" can still send me texts and emails.

Oracle

I cannot test it, but I think anyone who did not move to Koodo had a price increase of around $5. Those accounts should still have access to phone support. As you know, response time at a call centre can be highly variable. Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
abm

@Luddite is right, there is still a call center but they're closed now until tomorrow.