cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It keeps telling people I have voicemail when I don't!!!

iwant
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is driving me and anyone calling me crazy.  My phone keeps telling people I have voicemail and not only that, it will allow them to leave a message!  I never signed up for voicemail that I'm aware of and I don't think Public Mobile gave it to me along the line but I guess anything is possible.  How do I check into this without publicly displaying my phone # here?  If I have been given voicemail I would like to use it.  Someone told me all plans now come with voicemail but i'm on a really old P.M. plan.  Probably 10 yrs old now.  If you can help I would really appreciate it.

26 REPLIES 26

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@iwant there is a question mark to the bottom right. You can send private messages and get help from a MOD if this is not resolved. 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@iwant

I recall reading somewhere that Pioneer plans don't qualify for Rewards.

So, if you do switch to the current $25 Plan (Unlimited Canada Talk, Unlimited Text, 500MB "3G" Data) then you may or may not be able to collect Loyalty Rewards for the years you've subscribed to your circa-2012 Pioneer Plan ($5 discount off every monthly bill, y'know). Although perhaps the Mods could adjust, if you ask nicely. Or perhaps I'm mistaken and somebody will correct me and you can ignore this post, lol. 

iwant

Yes, exactly.  However I didn't know that P.M. had now given me voicemail.  I have since learned so and have activated it.    I'm going to keep all these responses though because they are very helpful for the future.  I still have yet to change my plan which is next on my agenda 🙂  Thank you for taking the time to let me know about all this.  It's much appreciated and I just may use it in the future too 🙂 

@iwant 

As others have noted, your phone is most likely forwarding unanswered calls to voicemail. Until you decide on switching plans or not, there is a way you can "disable" calls from going to voicemail in the meantime if you wish.

If you set all the conditional forwards to go any US number, the forward will fail as Public Mobile doesn't allow that, and callers will just get a fast-busy instead of your voicemail. For example, dial this to set it:

*004*6312650000#

Later, you can "reset" it back to the default of all conditional forwards going to voicemail with:

##004#

Cheers!

iwant

Smiley Happy  Thanks again, sorry for the delay in answering.  I own a non-profit for seniors and disabled and we are feeding 60 on Thursday so this week is shopping week. lol  And I'm also trying to get all the Christmas stuff too.    Anyway, thanks for everything, everyone!!  I now have voicemail and sometime on the weekend when I have a bit of time to myself I'm going to look more closely at those plans.  I'm sure I can do better than what I have right now.  

Take care and if you ever want to volunteer in downtown Toronto... give me a shout 🙂  You can always reach me through the facebook link https://www.facebook.com/bleecker.wellesley 

@iwant 

@iwant wrote:

I looked at the $15 plan but not so sure 100 minutes is enough for this phone.  You mentioned I can get 500 additional minutes for only $5 however I cannot find that deal, only the $15 with 100 minutes.

It is a talk add on, not an actual plan.

Here are the different talk add ons you can add to the $15 plan or any of the plans:

In Canada Long Distance Add-Ons6

Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

400 International Long Distance minutes        $15
Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.   

200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes    $8

500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes        $5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iwant wrote:

I looked at the $15 plan but not so sure 100 minutes is enough for this phone.  You mentioned I can get 500 additional minutes for only $5 however I cannot find that deal, only the $15 with 100 minutes.

It's not a "deal"...it's just an add-on. Click on Purchase Add-ons. Buy it once and it stays until consumed. You need to deposit money and then buy the add-on.

iwant

@iwant In addition to @Dunkman's post on sending private messages to the moderators, here is a more general description of the methodology: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

iwant

Thank you!

@iwant 

Easiest way to private message moderator is via the following link: 

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

iwant

Thank you for the detailed reply.  I think I'm going to have to check out these other plans.  I have a friend on P.M. and he also told me I could get a better plan these days.    btw, I don't know how to send a private message either LOL

@iwant wrote:

I think that's what I originally paid.  It went up to $22 or $23 about a year or two after Telus took it over and now it's up to $25.

Suggest you simply log into your self serve account, select Change Plan, pick the current $25 plan, select Change at next renewal.

Then be sure you have autopay turned on, and you will be paying $18/30 days instead of $25. PLUS that will include unlimited calling to Canada, unlimited global texting and a bit of data. If you would like to talk it over send me a private message.

@iwant wrote:

I know I can do that however I am on a grandfathered plan which didn't have voicemail on it.  I need to know if P.M. added it since it's standard now.  I know to push the #1 but I do not want to set it (It tells me to set it up) and then find out I'm now being charged more because of the voicemail. 

@iwant My understanding is that if it works and it's not on your plan then you won't get charged. The fact that when holding down 1 asks you to setup your voicemail means that VM is in fact configured on your account and you are not paying for it. So go ahead and set it up and enjoy it.

@iwant I think you need to review PM's current plans and compare. You have had a price increase, are no longer have call centre support, and with any current plan you will be elligible for $5 loyalty reward. Look specifically at the $15 (with 500 add-on minutes for $5) & $25 plans.

A friend was on the pioneer $25 plan and now pays less! 

iwant

Bless your heart.  I will most definitely try that.  Thank you so much.  Maybe they can actually look at my account and let me know.  Much appreciated.

iwant

I think that's what I originally paid.  It went up to $22 or $23 about a year or two after Telus took it over and now it's up to $25.

@iwant 

You could contact moderator to determine whether PM added voicemail to your grandfathered account.  VM is free for all new customers and I don't believe that they would charge your account for VM.

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

Only the $19 plan had no voicemail. Is that your plan?

legacy plans.jpeg

iwant

Likely I could end up changing my plan if I set it up and I don't want to do that.  I'm on an old grandfathered plan.  I need to find out absolutely if P.M. added that for free to my old grandfathered plan.

iwant

I'm trying to find out if P.M. put free voicemail on my old grandfathered account plan.  If it did and it's free, that's great.  But if I am charged to use it then I don't want it. 

iwant

A friend told me it's standard now however was it installed on old grandfathered plans?  Or will I be charged for using voicemail now if I set it up?

iwant

I know I can do that however I am on a grandfathered plan which didn't have voicemail on it.  I need to know if P.M. added it since it's standard now.  I know to push the #1 but I do not want to set it (It tells me to set it up) and then find out I'm now being charged more because of the voicemail. 

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You likely do have voicemail and it's standard now.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@iwant  Hold down 1 on your dialer to access your voicemail.

Need Help? Let's chat.