cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to transfer my plan into Fido, but I have a balance for an extra month into my PM account

Hello PM employee,

As the fees will be increasing next Feb., I want to transfer my plan into Fido with a cheaper price. But I already have a balance for an extra month into my PM account (Available Funds: $28.00). How can I transfer my credit balance into Fido?

I was a loyal customer to PM for many years, and I appreciate your company so much. But a $1 less would affect my low income budget.

Thank you and I appreciate your help.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: I want to transfer my plan into Fido, but I have a balance for an extra month into my PM account

@lulu

Unfortunately, your prepaid balance will be lost if you decide to port out of Public Mobile. They do not give refunds for overpayments because Public Mobile does not offer post-paid plans. Like all prepaid plans anywhere, any funds that you have added to your account will be lost once you port out or cancel your service. I would suggest that you stay another month (depending on how much your monthly plan cost is) to use up the balance before leaving because you cannot get a refund for it anyway. 

Re: I want to transfer my plan into Fido, but I have a balance for an extra month into my PM account

You're right, but my husband could transfer his credit to Koodo when he changed his provider. Can't I do the same?

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Koodo and PM are both Telus companies and they’ve been trying to move some customers over to Koodo. Likely why they did that for your husband. 

Is there not another PM plan that you can switch to instead?

I can’t see Fido being cheaper but I’m just basing that on the last time I compared prices. 

Oracle

@lulu,that was an arrangement that Koodo had set up for PM customers transfering to them.  FIDO is not under the same Parent Company like Public Mobile and Koodo are so Telus (parent Company) isn't going to let you take a pre paid amount to a credit on your new FIDO account when it is their competitor

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Oracle

@lulu, what is the current plan you have maybe we can find something wtihin PM that will work for you.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

@lulu wrote:

You're right, but my husband could transfer his credit to Koodo when he changed his provider. Can't I do the same?

Koodo is a sister brand to Public Mobile, both are owned by Telus.

Fido is a Rogers brand. So no, sorry, you can't transfer your funds to FIDO. It's like trying to pay at Costco with a Walmart gift card.

Thanks for your reply. But I already got one from Fido last weekend, and I'm waiting to get back my extra credit balance.

Mayor / Maire

@lulu

Fido = Rogers

Public = Telus

They can not transfer balances even if they wanted to help out

@lulu wrote:

Thanks for your reply. But I already got one from Fido last weekend, and I'm waiting to get back my extra credit balance.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Public Mobile policy:

Prepaid service credits are non-refundable. After ninety days with no active rate plan, your account will be automatically deactivated.