cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have bought a 1 gb data but it dont work i was looking at network and it says its disconnected

barbaraannrose
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Help

29 REPLIES 29

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dumbdobie1 wrote:

Yes that was excellent advice. Thanks sharing.

Great that it worked out. May we ask what the solution was? You can also accept the best advice as solution so future members can find it.

dumbdobie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes that was excellent advice. Thanks sharing.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ute1978 I agree but more often than not it It doesn't seem to be the case. 

ute1978

@mimmo wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@ute1978 sure, or that.  It's frustrating trying to help people and they give you half of the answers you need and then disappear for hours or days on end.  I guess we can just wait.  😉

Maybe they solved the issue.  

Then it would just be fair to the people who make an effort to come back and write a sentence that everything worked out fine.

Good morning @barbaraannrose,

thank you for reaching out to us !

Sorry to hear that your data hasn't been functional. I can see that despite posting publicly, you have not sent us a message - can you communicate with us privately, and make sure to include your phone # and 4 digit pin#? Here's the link: https://bit.ly/2CDoc2k

Let's keep the conversation going,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

mimmo

@srlawren wrote:

@ute1978 sure, or that.  It's frustrating trying to help people and they give you half of the answers you need and then disappear for hours or days on end.  I guess we can just wait.  😉

Maybe they solved the issue.  

srlawren

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ute1978

@srlawrenIt would even help if he/she could answer the question about step two and about the screenshot with the account overview.

srlawren

@barbaraannrose is this the first time you've tried to use Public Mobile with this phone, or have you previously had it working?

If the first time, please answer the question asked previous about your phone's brand and model.  Many models of LG requrie at least a network reset, and if that doesn't work, a factory reset, to get data working after changing from one provider to another (this is an LG bug and nothing to do with Public Mobile).  Many ASUS models require manual APN configuration to get data flowing.  Some older iPhones (4S and older) require a special procedure to configure their APNs, and all iPhones need to be on the most recent carrier update available.  There may be other models with other quirks.  Please let us know what you have and we will try to help.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

Let's keep this to 1 thread.  Anyone wanting to help, please do so here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/I-have-bought-a-1-gb-data-but-it-dont...

srlawren

For anyone curious, it looks like the discussion has moved to:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/I-have-bought-a-1-gb-data-but-it-dont-wor...

and

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/I-have-bought-a-1-gb-data-but-it-dont...

@barbaraannrose please, only post once. It leads to confusion.

popping

@barbaraannrose

Login to your self serve account.  If you have $30 or more available fund showing on your overview page, you haven't performed the second step to actually purchase the data add-on.

If you see the 0MB/1024MB data usage on your overage page, double check your APN settings again.

If your APN settings is correct and no spelling mistakes, do the lost/stolen phone trick to provision your add-on feature again.

mimmo

Sorry if asked before

Has data ever worked with pm

What phone do you have if LG a network setting reset or factory reset might be needed

If Apple a carrier update might be needed

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Can you now log into "My Account" and post a screenshot of "My Data and Add ons".

@barbaraannrose, please don't start so many threads for the same problem.  You are making it difficult for the community to assist you. 

@barbaraannrose wrote:

Ive checked ive added the 1gb i has the funds to purchase the add on

Also confirm that you have completed both steps in the add-on purchase. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/td-p/198974

@barbaraannrose wrote:

Ice tried numerous configuration in the apn but nothing yet 

Just to be certain, this is the correct APN settings.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

barbaraannrose

Ive checked ive added the 1gb i has the funds to purchase the add on

barbaraannrose

Ice tried numerous configuration in the apn but nothing yet 

barbaraannrose

Ive tried numerous configuration in apn but still nothing

barbaraannrose

@barbaraannrose wrote:

I have tried numerous configs in the apn settings and still nothing i need help

Just to confirm, this is the right APN settings.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

@barbaraannrose wrote:

Ive tried apn settings and its enabled still no data 👎

Mobile data network disconnected can be attributed to incorrect APN settings. 

ute1978

Buying an add on must be done in two steps.

First you add the funds, then you go back in your account an buy the add on.

Can you please see if you still have the available funds? Then you still need to do step 2 to buy.

Or

When you are logged in can you see the data add on in your account overview?

barbaraannrose

I have tried numerous configs in the apn settings and still nothing i need help

barbaraannrose

Ive tried apn settings and its enabled still no data 👎

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@barbaraannrose, check the APN settings on the phone.  Also ensure mobile data is enabled.  

lemew07
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@barbaraannrose wrote:

Help

Make sure your account is active and the data package is in your addons.

Go into settings on your phone make sure mobile data is turned on.go into apn settings make sure you  are set for public mobile. back out.

power down power on. Check settings for mobile data is still on.

Let us know how you make out. Cheers Lemew

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.