cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Help - Unable to get a data connection.

I have an Samsung GT-S7560M phone and have just changed from my very old plan without data to a new plan with data. My problem is that I am unable to get a data connection. I have tried following the instructions of the phone manual with no success. My plan include 1 GB of data, but I am not sure how to start using them. I have tried restarting the phone as well. Any advice?

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Help - Unable to get a data connection.

According to https://willmyphonework.net your phone is incompatible with Public Mobile.

torRQDc

Mayor / Maire

@oldtimerchangin

1.  Reboot your phone and hope PM system will initialize the APN setting.

2.  If data is still not working, follows the following instruction to setup the APN setting on your Samsung phone.

Ask question if you have question in following the APN instruction.

Good luck.

Mm that would be strange. This phone was bought at a Public Mobile store back in the days. It is also said to be compatible by the "check your phone" feature on the Public Mobile website.

Mayor / Maire

@Effort: nodding slowly thinking...nice.

Great site. Thanks for the link.

2012. And here I thought my 2013 BB Z30 was an antique.

@oldtimerchangin: Apparently it appears to work with voice but not data. If I interpret that it has been working for you for voice on PM that is.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Mayor / Maire

@oldtimerchangin, Unfortunately the IMEI compatibility check is not very reliable.

It might be the case that its not compatible then. A bit surprising though. I think it would have been able to get some data connection with Public Mobile when I bought it. Then again this was many years ago. Things might have changed. Thanks for the replys. Ill look into the APN settings a bit further too.

Woohoo! Got it to work! Thanks a lot MacMe for your awesome link! So I could not find my phone in the APN settings so I tried the settings of a Samsung Galaxy A5 instead. Turns out I got a connection. Now there is a "4G" written at top of my cell phone. Not sure if I should keep tweeking with some other APN to see what will happen, but it is a good start Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

So much for willmyphonework. Smiley Happy

I could only find specs saying 3G but I did see one mention of 4G somewhere so I kept looking. But here we are. Can you in fact browse to a site?