cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As a Pioneer, why you decided not to switch to Koodo?

Hi, to All !!!

Deadline slowly approaching for those who were offered Switch to Koodo Option

I know that many have done it already and some for whatever reason still waiting undecided probably to the last minute.

But how about those that even for a brief moment never entertained slightest thought in their mind to leave Public Mobile in spite of possibility of losing call center, recent hike and possibly more price increases in the near future.

Can you give us a brief testimony why you didn’t leave? Can you share your personal reasons? Maybe there is some emotional attachment involved here and not necessary financial. Maybe fear of unknown keep you from switching.

Please feel free to share it with us on this forum.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: As a Pioneer, why you decided not to switch to Koodo?

Perhaps you should clarify if your survey also includes those PM Legacy customers who have switched or will be switching to PM's current plans. Many could choose this route, because four of the five legacy plans will become more expensive than the current in-market plans, especially after factoring in autopay and 2-year loyalty rewards.  Also, three of the five legacy plans would be more expensive than PM's current plans if they were to port it to Koodo.

For reference, price comparison of Koodo vs. PM Legacy vs. PM current 90-day plan monthly rates, after Legacy price increases:

$19 Province-Wide Talk  (K $19 / PML $22 / PMC $21.33*)

$25 Canada-Wide Talk + Text  (K $25 / PML $28 / PMC $36.33*)

$40 Canada-Wide Talk + Text + 1GB Data  (K $40 / PML $43 / PMC $38*)

$45 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 1GB Data  (K $45 / PML $48 / PMC $43*)

$60 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 2GB Data  (K $60 / PML $63 / PMC $46*)

*PM Current monthly rates include $2 autopay and $2 loyalty rewards

Highlighted

@SDO8 wrote:

Perhaps you should clarify if your survey also includes those PM Legacy customers who have switched or will be switching to PM's current plans. Many could stay with PM and opt to switch to a current plan, because four of the five legacy plans will become more expensive than the current in-market plans, especially after factoring in autopay and 2-year loyalty rewards.  Three of the five plans would still be more expensive than PM's current plans if they were to port it to Koodo.

For reference, price comparison of Koodo vs. PM Legacy vs. PM current 90-day plan monthly rates, after Legacy price increases:

$19 Province-Wide Talk  (K $19 / PML $22 / PMC $21.33*)

$25 Canada-Wide Talk + Text  (K $25 / PML $28 / PMC $36.33*)

$40 Canada-Wide Talk + Text + 1GB Data  (K $40 / PML $43 / PMC $38*)

$45 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 1GB Data  (K $45 / PML $48 / PMC $43*)

$60 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 2GB Data  (K $60 / PML $63 / PMC $46*)

*PM Current monthly rates include $2 autopay and $2 loyalty rewards

Sure, I am more than willing to clarify it for you or anyone who is interested.

It is not like a some kind of official survey but more like a sharing experience. You know, you are with your friend at some restaurant and you decided to share with each other some thoughts maybe reveal something previously not known to your friend. It is more intimate experience almost like a testimony from Pioneer to Pioneer because we are getting now through tough decision making.

Although you @SD08 did a pretty good job showing price comparison for those who not necessary want to swich to Koodo.

That is the reason I posted it in Pioneer Section.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

The main reason not to switch is (I think) Koodo plans are all postpaid

That means extra charges sooner or later

There are other reasons (some I am sure even fail credit checks, some have brand loyalty, some had bad experiance with Koodo in past) but the postpaid overages and extra charges are the most

Oh and remember; on Koodo EVERY call to call centre costs you money

Here on Public they bill you the extra $3 but you can call as many times as you want

So for some people it will be cheaper

Highlighted
Oracle

Something for the legacy customers to think about is the prospect of being converted to a regular customer in the future.  There's no assurance that Public Mobile will continue to honor the old arrangements when the proportion of those customers shrink with each new customer added.  

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Public Mobile never answered this question;

A legacy client wants to keep his plan and stays with PM, and agrees to give up call center. 

Why PM pushes this client to switch to another carrier?

As a matter of fact only $25 legacy plan worth to keep (for those who do not need data), the rest are more expensive than new plans. (considering rewards..)

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@TK I can't see why anyone would pay $28 for a straight talk & text plan

Seems better to add data to me

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

***Do not Bravo this post.***

But these are some really interesting numbers. People complain about the prices of plans. The current Public Mobile plans are actually much cheaper then they were 3 years ago. And the amount of data has increased significantly. I wonder why the change, has data become a cheaper commodity to add to a plan now? Has public been listening to their customers? 

So I want to get this straight, while all the other providers have been increasing your plans over and over. Public Mobile has been bringing down plans. 

So good!

Highlighted

@Naepalm wrote:

But these are some really interesting numbers. People complain about the prices of plans. The current Public Mobile plans are actually much cheaper then they were 3 years ago. And the amount of data has increased significantly. I wonder why the change, has data become a cheaper commodity to add to a plan now? Has public been listening to their customers? 

@Naepalm The plans back then were definitely more expensive than they were now. But it depends how long ago... Before TELUS bought PM Their plans were actually dirt cheap back then. Even now ! Annotation 2020-05-23 131906.jpg

Look at this. For 45$ a month you get a plan that destroys our 40$ plan. You get Unlimited province wide talk (extra 5$ for Canada wide), Unlimited international Text picture and video messaging, and unlimited data ! And it was actually cheaper because i think the price dropped to 30$ ! This was a steal. 1GB of data was like 100$ a month back then. 

Now you may say that well PM is on the TELUS 4G network witch was way better than PM's old network. And it definitely is better and that's why the prices increased. But they increased to an extreme extent. 

Now after they got bought by TELUS looks at the prices now 

Annotation 2020-05-23 132617.jpg

Thats insane ! They didn't even offer data plans to new customers. So much for PM making phone plans not a luxury but a right. Now back then this still was a steal as 2GB 4G LTE full speed for that price was probably double. But going from unlimited data to 2GB for more money definitely explains why users weren't happy when Telus bought PM. 

In my opinion the prices need to drop even now. If you compare the plans now vs the plans in 2013. The 2013 plans win. Also over the years since 4G has gotten cheaper a 4G unlimited plan like that throttled to 3MB is definitely possible.  But of course you have to consider that Public is now owned by a big carrier and it would cause all kinds of problems if they made a plan like that. That's why Freedom mobile has cheaper pricing and Dot-mobile could possibly take that up a notch as they are independent carriers.

I dont know why im replying to a post that's 2 weeks old. Lol im bored.