cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

An app. created by a public mobile customer?

Hi there,

I switched back to Public mobile yesterday..

Is that app. that was developed by a Public mobile customer still in the Google play store? I typed in Public mobile and looked for it last night but there's a huge list with public, mobile and data 

as the key words..lol

Can someone please post the link if they have it? 

Thanks,

Anne Marie

Oracle

Re: An app. created by a public mobile customer?

I think you are looking for data witness pm

Mayor / Maire

@anniemh2220,  As far as I know there is no Public mobile app.  A lot of people around here would love it if there was one.

Oracle

I don't believe Public Mobile ever produced an app.  When labs was around, the idea was suggested lot but not acted upon. 

Oracle

Yes there is no app for managing the account. Data witness  only tracks your data usage.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There is no official PM app.  It's been suggested often.

Your phone browser can login to PM Self-Serve and PM Community.

You can install an app to monitor data usage - there are literally hundreds to choose from for both iOS and Android:

https://www.lifewire.com/apps-for-monitoring-mobile-data-usage-817908

https://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-track-iphone-data-usage/

https://lifehacker.com/5916784/the-best-data-usage-tracker-for-android

You'll receive "Public Mobile here..." text messages informing you when you've reached 75% and 95% usage thresholds on your plan's data allocation for the current billing cycle, the counter resets at 0% at the beginning of each billing cycle (at which time you'll receive "Public Mobile here..." text messages informing you that payment was received, etc).

Not sure if you receive any text messages for Data Add-ons, since I've never used any.  But your plan data is always used completely before any add-on data is consumed, and any unused add-on data remains/rollsover to subsequent billing cycles.

It's still smart to check in on your Self-Serve usage reports when nearing maximums.  The billing and service is assessed from the (Telus) network side, not from the device itself, they may have actually sent more data than you received (due to resends, lost packets, error correction, overhead, etc) so the numbers reported by your data tracking app might be a little off.

Oracle

@anniemh2220wrote:

Hi there,

I switched back to Public mobile yesterday..

Is that app. that was developed by a Public mobile customer still in the Google play store? I typed in Public mobile and looked for it last night but there's a huge list with public, mobile and data 

as the key words..lol

Can someone please post the link if they have it? 

Thanks,

Anne Marie

The only app I know of that was created by a Public Mobile customer is Data witness for tracking your data over your 90 day plan.  That was created by I believe it was @IWIK

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Data Witness PM

Let me know if you need any help!

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The only app I know of that was created by a Public Mobile customer is Data witness for tracking your data over your 90 day plan.  That was created by I believe it was @IWIK

@ShawnC13

Yes that's the one I was talking about!

Thanks to this awesome conmunity for ALWAYS being so willing to help!  Smiley Happy

Sincerely,

Anne Marie

Tags (3)
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@anniemh2220Where do you download that app ?