cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xiaomi A2 lite signal problem

gracexu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My xiaomi A2 lite has a problem with the signal. when i am on the phone, the sound is not clear sometime and keep for a while.

How to fix this problem ? Is my phone problem or is PM singal problem ?

7 REPLIES 7

419mainstreet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was able to find this page which may help:  https://mobileinternist.com/xiaomi-mi-a2-issues-solved#6

6: Signal reception issue

As some reports state, the cellular signal reception was nice until the September security update. Then it dropped down considerably and this can affect the call quality. This also can lead to a major HSDPA or 4G spikes or disconnections.

Here’s what you need to do to fix this problem:

• Reboot your device.
  • Check the SIM card placement. Make sure the SIM card is active.
  • Reset Network settings.
  • Delete Access Points in Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile network. The default carrier Acess Point should appear so assign it and look for changes.

@SethPenner wrote:

My sister has the same phone and she experienced the same issue, so it's possible that it is an issue with the phone and not Public Mobile.

If you want to test call quality, you can call one of these numbers which can do a record/playback, echo test and more:

+1 416 342 9562

+1 250 412 5922

https://thetestcall.blogspot.com/

SethPenner
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My sister has the same phone and she experienced the same issue, so it's possible that it is an issue with the phone and not Public Mobile.

@hTideGnow wrote:

did you try to lock it down to 3G only?

As @gracexu is having an issue with the clarity of sound in a phone calls, setting the phone to 3g-only network mode would not fix this. This is because all calls are already on the 3g network. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @gracexu 

Here's something else to try.  If someone in your home (or close vicinity) has a different phone with a different carrier, swap SIM cards for a quick test.

Use each phone in the same general area where the sound issue exists, calling the same person or people with whom the sound issue occurs.

This should help discern whether it's a Public Mobile reception -OR- a telephone specific issue.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  Also try a network reset.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

did you try to lock it down to 3G only?

Need Help? Let's chat.