cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will the moto g8 play work on public mobile?

HammerTimePhone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was thinking of buying the moto g8 play from amazon.ca.

Its the one for $189.99 International GSM only.

It does not show up in the compatible phone list on public mobile.

Here's the link: https://www.amazon.ca/XT2015-2/dp/B07ZG6W4S2/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&fst=as%3Aoff&qid=1594493855&refinem...

Just want to be sure it works before i buy it. 

7 REPLIES 7

HammerTimePhone

I ordered it, its not coming until next week.

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@HammerTimePhone wrote:

I was thinking of buying the moto g8 play from amazon.ca.

Its the one for $189.99 International GSM only.

So, just out of curiosity, did you order that phone? If so, maybe update the thread when you get it and try it out.

CFPartDeux

@HammerTimePhone  Given your last post, and what I said about the Moto G7 Play, that I just got, I expect the Moto G8 Play will suit your needs just fine..... for that matter, you could probably save a few bucks and get something else that would also meet your requirements.

HammerTimePhone

I'm just wanting a basic budget phone nothing fancy. I'm a light user and can go multiple days usually without charging my phone. Mainly using it for talk/text and social media use.

CFPartDeux

@geopublic wrote:

@HammerTimePhone  It will work without any issues. Best to purchase a device that offers more memory. The sweet spot is 3GB that model has only 2GB. Pay another $60 and maybe purchase this one:

[snip]

4GB/64GB dual SIM phone with larger battery should be able to go two days without any issues.

Those recommendations make several assumptions about the OP's use case scenario. If the OP isn't a "power user", and doesn't have tons of apps open at once, the Moto G8 Play is probably fine.

Personally, I recently got the G7 Play, on sale at Costco, and I'm quite pleased with it, so far, but then I'm not a power user, i.e. I use the phone to make the occasional phone call, do some texting, take the occasional pic, surf the net only when necessary, and play a couple of weenie games on occasions that I need to kill some time. That, and I got over 3 days on the 1st charge, from 100%, down to ~30%, on a 3000mAh battery, so clearly, it depends on the OP's wants/needs.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@HammerTimePhone  It will work without any issues. Best to purchase a device that offers more memory. The sweet spot is 3GB that model has only 2GB. Pay another $60 and maybe purchase this one:

https://www.amazon.ca/Battery-Unlocked-Canada-International-XT2055-2/dp/B088WKRFKG/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?c...

4GB/64GB dual SIM phone with larger battery should be able to go two days without any issues.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@HammerTimePhone hi, yes this phone should be compatible. the device has the correct LTE and 3g frequencies public mobile supports.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g8_play-ampp-9918.php

pm frequencies.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.