cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is my SIM card unlock PIN?

tylerkoster
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a new phone, have put my current SIM card into it and it is asking for my SIM card unlock PIN.  I have entered my PIN but it will not unlock, I am done to one try so have aborted.

Do I need a new PIN?  how can I put my current SIM card into my new (Samsung Galaxy S7)?

And how long before I have all 3 attempts again?

Thanks, Tyler

4 REPLIES 4

tylerkoster
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

it says "SIM card unlock PIN"

@HALIMACS wrote:

@tylerkoster wrote:

I have a new phone, have put my current SIM card into it and it is asking for my SIM card unlock PIN.  I have entered my PIN but it will not unlock, I am done to one try so have aborted.

Do I need a new PIN?  how can I put my current SIM card into my new (Samsung Galaxy S7)?

Thanks, Tyler

Contact moderators as follows, explain what your phone is asking:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click on the chat bubble in the lower right and type need PUK,  then follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

( EDIT:  If phone is carrier-locked, you'll need to get unlock instructions from carrier which locked it.   )

I originally made an assumption, which may not be correct, but at this point, no type of PUK is needed.  There is still 1 attempt remaining for whichever type of PIN is being asking for. As for the security PIN of the SIM card, that would be 1234 by default but I would caution anyone against guessing this. Tlerkoster first needs to figure out what's being asked of first before trying to enter any types of codes.

@tylerkoster  

Please provide the exact wording on the message that your phone is showing.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@tylerkoster wrote:

Thanks, Tyler

Contact moderators as follows, explain what your phone is asking:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click on the chat bubble in the lower right and type need PUK,  then follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

( EDIT:  If phone is carrier-locked, you'll need to get unlock instructions from carrier which locked it.   )

@tylerkoster wrote:

Your phone is locked to your old carrier. There isn't any way that you could guess this code. You need to get the unlock code from the old carrier. The counter doesn't reset over time.

Edit: The above applies if your phone is asking for the "SIM Network Unlock PIN".

Need Help? Let's chat.