cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weird message when calling home phone

hnisha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an iphone 7 and when i call the home number from this phone it immediately says please hang up and we will call you back. as soon as you hang up it will call you back at the home number. it only happens on the home number.

is this a networking or phone issue? How do I fix it???

3 REPLIES 3

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The other thing that it could be is that this is a feature you have on your home landline that will require a number calling to show caller id to your home phone; if not immediate callback to that number will be done( to get rid of the pesky telemarketing few) this sounds like the iphone has caller id blocked and your home phone has a block for numbers that don't send caller id info.

resolution; find caller id to iphone and make sure it is on or call your home tel provider and refer to turn off anonymous call rejection, if not the vonage problem. Turn the device off after and let me know if this works. I had something similar to this.

brent_liza

if this is vonage:  it was a feature on vonage phone system called boomrang if the iphone was setup in boomrang. deleted the number and problem should go away.

brent_liza

Is the home phone a voip, regular land line, or through cellular company?

Need Help? Let's chat.