cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

verification sms back to 227898

renforth
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm trying to send back verification message back to 227898 to confirm my mobile phone number. But it's blocked bt PM says it's long distance. Will PM unlock this 227898(capital one)

12 REPLIES 12

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@DickieBalls thanks for letting us know.  You should start your own topic so more customers may be warned.

RosieR

@renforth  Thanks for the screenshot, I like that idea that you can communicate directly in the sms.

renforth

capitalone.png

@renforth  Interesting. You need to respond to capital one by sending back sms? Thats a new one.

I am also a capital one subscriber and when I had to verify my phone (just like every single other phone number verification system I have ever used) it sends you a code, you then close the messenger app on your phone and go back to whatever app/website you requested that code to be send by and input that code you had got, not respond back by sms.

Most places will also give you a calling option to take a phone call and a voice will tell you the code, you can then hang up, go back to the app/website.

Not saying you are wrong, things change and I have never seen it done this way before so am curious.

renforth

You ar eright. Thx!

@renforth wrote:

Hi, 

I have  Unlimited Canada-wide Text .

Thank you.

I think that's the root of the issue.  As with the earlier example provide by stonechucker, some people had issues with confirmig iMessage accounts.

I am suspecting that the only way to this Capital One short code may be to changes plans to one that includes global text messaging.

@Alex888 wrote:

Try dialing a 1 and area code in front of it.

This isn't like dialing a phone number and I haven't ever heard of a text message failing to send because there wasn't a 1 before the area code. 

This example doesn't involve a regular phone number.  I do not beleive that you can simply add a 1 without making the short code that you are replying to invalid.

@renforth, this may be the problem.  I see you were a member originally before PM cut out the 'Canada-Wide' texting, and went to only 'International'.

This shortcode number to Capital One may not be reachable.  I had a similar issue on WIND when I was trying to associate my iMessage account, and the short code it used was based in Europe at the time.

I wonder where the Capital One code is based.

@srlawren , @Luddite -- thoughts?

renforth

Hi, 

I have  Unlimited Canada-wide Text .

Thank you.

@renforth, what is your texting package with Public Mobile?

Are you on a CanadaWide texting plan, or the International?

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Try dialing a 1 and area code in front of it.

Need Help? Let's chat.