cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

validation codes - NOT RECEIVING?

zentrain
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone is not receiving validation codes for security logins.  I just switched to public mobile from Rogers. I get some codes (i.e., from Waze), but most don't show up.  I'm trying to get Uber Eats working but don't receive any validation code after several attempts.  This is happening with a number of apps.  I'm getting really hungry 😞

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@zentrain wrote:

My phone is not receiving validation codes for security logins.  I just switched to public mobile from Rogers. I get some codes (i.e., from Waze), but most don't show up.  I'm trying to get Uber Eats working but don't receive any validation code after several attempts.  This is happening with a number of apps.  I'm getting really hungry 😞

@zentrain  You are correct. Must be a temporary issue because validation codes have worked in the past for me without any issues. I just tried it and there appears to be a 3 minute delay in receiving them. Usually they are instant so maybe the network is overloaded or slow due to maintenance.

shskr
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just put my shoes on and walk out the door and head to the nearest food establishment and order my food, but maybe its just me. Try it you'll like it, unless you live out in the middle of nowhere, then you shouldn't have cell service. JK

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is the 3rd or 4th thread with a similar topic.... I wonder if something is up at PM?

Might be work messaging a Moderator to ask for help - also would be worth referring to the other similar threads on this forum.

Good luck!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Are you able to receive any other text messages ?

Try the lost phone trick to reset your account.

To report your phone stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-onstab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@zentrain , are you able to receive text from other sources?  Did you do a number port? If so the porting may be incomplete. 

Need Help? Let's chat.