cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlock phone

wikevin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I recently purchased a new iPhone to replace my old iPhone which I would now like to sell.  I was with PM on the old phone and am still with PM on the new phone (transfered SIM from old phone).  How do I go about unlocking my old phone so I can sell it? (I am assuming it is locked to PM?).  Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

@wikevin When selling, be sure what you're selling. Don't guess or you'll have an unhappy buyer.

@wikevin This might be of interest to you:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201351

wikevin

Okay, so I guess I can sell my phone as is then.

@Gunner123 wrote:

@wikevin wrote:

Hi, I recently purchased a new iPhone to replace my old iPhone which I would now like to sell.  I was with PM on the old phone and am still with PM on the new phone (transfered SIM from old phone).  How do I go about unlocking my old phone so I can sell it? (I am assuming it is locked to PM?).  Thank you.

@wikevin hi it shouldn't be locked to Public as  they do not lock phones what type is it?

There is a possibility that it could be locked to Telus. Public Mobile will unlock a Telus or Koodo locked device.

wikevin

Okay, thank you.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wikevin wrote:

@wikevin hi it shouldn't be locked to Public as  they do not lock phones 

@wikevin wrote:

You'll first want to check if the phone is already unlocked. That can be done by inserting a non-Telus/Koodo/Public SIM card into the device. Then, plug your phone in your computer and run iTunes. iTunes will tell you if the phone is still locked.  

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Wouldn't be locked to PM. It would be locked to the original provider you got the phone from however since it worked on PM that means it is either from Telus or Koodo. Would be quicker to call whatever one you originally got it from and ask them to send the unlock request to your iPhone.

Need Help? Let's chat.