cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlock my phone while in Sweden

Rheald
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i am travelling to sweden and the last time i was there i could not usemy phone as public mobile locked it..how do i unlock it while in sweden

8 REPLIES 8

musicman1974
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i know in canada as of dec 1 2017 it was law all cell phones where to be unlocked for free its not a hard process to do look up your brand of cell phone and search it within google for unlock code search for a free code otherwise search for a code that is instant soon as you pay 

@liuxinbing wrote:

@Rheald wrote:

i am travelling to sweden and the last time i was there i could not usemy phone as public mobile locked it..how do i unlock it while in sweden

I don't think Public Mobile has the international roaming feature. So unlocking is irrelevant to not being able to use it in Sweden

Regardless if Public Mobile has roaming in the country, a locked phone cannot use a local sim if it isn’t unlocked first.

Telus or Koodo can, and will provide a code for the phone, if it is indeed locked to the Telus network.

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rheald wrote:

I don't think Public Mobile has the international roaming feature. So unlocking is irrelevant to not being able to use it in Sweden

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Rheald wrote:

You can go to a Telus or Koodo store for help.   You can get an unlock code from them, but you will need a sim from another carrier to actually perform the unlock.  The carrier cannot be one of the t

Telus brands, so use a freedom, bell, or Rogers sim.

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, Public Mobile does not sell phones, that i know of.

Your phone may be locked by Telus. Where did you buy the phone? 

Info on unlocking Telus locked phones is in the link below.

https://www.telus.com/en/ab/support/article/unlock-mobile-device

Then you should be able to use a different SIM in Sweden.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rheald wrote:

If it's a Samsung then they might be able to give you an unlock code too.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Rheald 

Public mobile has not sold phones/hardware for a while.  Was your phone purchased from Public Mobile several years ago?  Or was the phone used previously by Telus or Koodo?  

If phone is locked to Telus or Koodo, you can contact them directly for unlock code.  If the phone is from Public mobile, you can contact moderator via private messaging to unlock PM phone.  

Send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I believe PM does not lock phones.  Except Telus or Koodo locked phones operate on PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.