cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to port my Koodo # to Public Mobile

Steveroo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a Koodo phone number that I'd like to port to my Public Mobile. The clerk who set up the plan was unable to transfer my old number to PM. When I select Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider  I am getting the error "We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.
"

7 REPLIES 7

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I just signed up using these steps: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/I-need-a-PM-moderator-to-help-me-comp.... They worked like a charm. Reposting just in case it helps in your case too. Good luck!

Rayment8592
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

that should be easy just log in on the website and change the number

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Steveroo, dumb question is the number you are trying to port residing in an active account? 

I like to add that if your old sim has not expired or out of funds you should be able to continue using it until your number is ported. 

@Steveroo wrote:

I saw someone else have a similar problem and messaged the moderator team last night with my information. Do replies from the team usualy take longer than day?

Sorry I know it sucks They are really busy but working hard to respond to each inquiry. Support staff is small but that’s why this service is such low cost. Rest assured you WILL be taken care of. Your case might be different however more often than not the community can come up with the solution to issues before moderators respond because they are so flooded with people contacting them with multiple messages about issues that have nothing to do with the service.

For me, the extremely rare time I need a moderator to respond I have to wait but the rest of the time I save a lot of money. I save about $490 a year with public mobile so its worth it.

It typically should be within 48 hours.  No need to send multiple messages or it will just slow down the process unless you forgot to include your identity / pin number for verification then sending a second message (Click to send) will speed it up for you as the first response from them will be "who are you? " or "whats your pin?". 

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Steveroo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I saw someone else have a similar problem and messaged the moderator team last night with my information. Do replies from the team usualy take longer than day?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Steveroo wrote:

I have a Koodo phone number that I'd like to port to my Public Mobile. The clerk who set up the plan was unable to transfer my old number to PM. When I select Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider  I am getting the error "We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.
"

Sorry you are having trouble, If this is prepaid Koodo and PM are using the same back end so their automated number porting system is treating prepaid as the same provider. So you can get an error with the "Check eligibility".  You can get a temp number now and get it switch later. There are also problems like using the same e-mail address as your koodo account. I suggest sending off a message to the moderator team as they will be able to access your specific account information. Click this to send them a message

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but send a message to the moderator team and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number and they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT)

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Need Help? Let's chat.