cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to port my Koodo # to Public Mobile + SIM not supported

owind
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there anyone having the same problem?

I sent a message to moderator but still no reply yet.

1) I have problem porting the number from Koodo to PM, I changed my email in Koodo, still not able to port the number.

2) SIM card not supported for an UNLOCKED phone? I tried to choose a new random number. It still shows SIM card not supported (with $40 in my acct)

3) Just saw the email that Koodo said sorry to see me go. My number has been ported

How do I proceed from here? I chose a new number with a SIM card that is not working. Now my existing number is gone.

Can someone help me? This is URGENT.

No one can call me now!

12 REPLIES 12

owind

It's finally done. I can use my existing number now with the help of moderator.

Thanks everyone for trying to help Smiley Very Happy

owind

I use my credit card to top-up the acct. Not given.

I tried a random phone # but not sure if the SIM card is working. Still no network.

Guess I am one of them that has issues in porting # and SIM card not supported.

Not sure how long I will be in the dark. Your link suggests it will be few days to 2 weeks. sigh

@owind wrote:

I changed the plan, everything is the same.

Available Funds: $40

Amount due: $0

Acct status: Active

That suggests to me that you activated properly and have been given a $40 credit. So, your port-in is stuck and you must await moderator intervention. Robot Sad

If you activated with a different plan, and then elected to change plans, your change has not been completed. Until you can get service, I suggest you do not try to change your plan.

This is the reason that, while not required, many people on this forum recommend activating  a new account with a temporary number before porting. This, at least, assures that the new account works properly. BE PREPARED

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

owind

I changed the plan, everything is the same.

Available Funds: $40

Amount due: $0

Acct status: Active

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@owind

If you have 40 in available funds and that is all that was added at the start, looks like you need to re select a plan..

owind

The plan was selected last Sat. And it's still there. Amount due: $0. Available Funds: $40.

Without internet connection, fongo is useless. 

I want to get back my existing number. So far no reply from moderator for many hours.

I tried another unlocked phone, no network at all.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@owind If you are able to login to your account and see $40 in Available Funds, go to Change Plan and pick your plan to activate immediately. Having $40 in Available Funds suggests that, somehow, no plan was chosen.

Otherwise, you must await the moderators. While waiting, assuming your Koodo SIM no longer works, try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

owind

Inserted SIM to another unlocked phone, still shows no sign of mobile network. Not even emergency calls. Will see if there is any message later.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@owind

Do you have access to another unlocked device? That would be the quickest way to test the sim 

owind

I know it's unlocked as I bought it outside of Canada. Been using it for few telcos without any problem until I switched to Public Mobile.

How to check whether the guy in Walmart activated the SIM card successfully?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Can you try your sim in a different phone? That will isolate hardware vs account issues vs issues

Are you sure your phone is unlocked? It should not be an issue though if it worked with koodo.

Hopefully others have a better idea.

What phone are you using? 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@owind Unfortunately, you will need to wait for the @CS_Agent to fix this as it sounds really complicated. However, your sim should work even with porting failure if your phone is unlocked or locked to Koodo/Telus unless you also had an issue with the activation. 

Need Help? Let's chat.