cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: unable to change APN

@tblaing 

Theres a bit of a process to get them to not disappear but it can definitely be done as this post in that other thread affirms....

Re: Umidigi X - APN settings

I just purchased an Umidigi X phone. I can confirm that the instructions for adding APNs through ADB shell command does not work. However, I did have a Freedom Sim Card which I popped into the phone and that allowed me to add new APNs. After adding the APN for Public Mobile with the Freedom Sim Card still inserted, you will not see it even after clicking the "save"

option. However, as soon as you insert the Public Mobile SIM card it will show the APN that you previously saved. My data is working flawlessly.

If you have trouble the techie ones here can help you through the details. I wouldnt be surprised if @jb456 has this one in his back pocket now.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@darlicious thanks for the tip. I will follow these instructions when I get my Freedom card. Cheers.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@tblaing 

There was another way where the moderators would send you a certain kind of file but its no longer available.?. I think @pm-smayer97  did it that way a long time ago.....

Yes, I was fortunate to find a mod that simply sent me the APN as a file and once I applied it that corrected everything WITHOUT having to reset my phone.

And NO manual entries would work but this did. I cannot remember the name of the mod but I did post in somewhere in the forum.

Highlighted

@pm-smayer97  @darlicious  after some back and forth with a moderator yesterday I pointed them to our discussion and asked them to send me the APN file. It worked! Thanks everyone for your help.

Highlighted

@tblaing wrote:

@pm-smayer97  @darlicious  after some back and forth with a moderator yesterday I pointed them to our discussion and asked them to send me the APN file. It worked! Thanks everyone for your help.

SO VERY glad it worked for you too! 

Please share the name of the mod, just in case it helps.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@tblaing 

Wow thats awesome......a long lost solution reappears! Do share the mods name!

@pm-smayer97 

I  thought your fix was lost forever.....this will save a whole lot of time and frustration for new customers or new owners of ths model of phone.

Highlighted

@darlicious wrote:

@tblaing 

Wow thats awesome......a long lost solution reappears! Do share the mods name!

@pm-smayer97 

I  thought your fix was lost forever.....this will save a whole lot of time and frustration for new customers or new owners of ths model of phone.

True, if only more people AND MODS believed what I said and stop pushing to have to force a reset of the phone.

That said, it is an aging phone, stuck on Android 6 (unless you do a hack upgrade to v7). So, its days are numbered (I've already started running into apps that require v7 min. to run 😞  ). But if this problem arises with any other phone, it surely is something else worth trying before a full reset.

EDIT: I just re-read this...someone in the thread mentioned an LG phone so I originally thought it was for the same brand (mine is an LG G4) but I see this problem is being asked of a MODERN Moto G8...  SO this solution works for OTHER PHONES TOO! 

Pay attention all those who are reading this thread...

Highlighted

@pm-smayer97 

@darlicious 

Yes, after pointing the moderator to your advice, they were able to send me an APN file to fix a disabled APN on a Moto G8. The moderator's name is Ana.

Yay!