Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: unable to change APN

@celidhkk wrote:

@geopublic 

yes, I had to contact a moderator. nothing has worked.

@celidhkk  Ok, but I don't think the Moderator will be able to help you with this problem judging from past responses of other customers with similar issues. Please keep us posted.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@geopublic 

I hope they can, but I will update with outcome

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@celidhkk wrote:

@geopublic 

I hope they can, but I will update with outcome

@celidhkk  One more thing to try. Go into the APN menu. Turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Select the reset to default option from the APN menu and immediately put your phone in Airplane mode and hopefully this may afford you enough time to perform your APN modifications before that happens again and you lose access to edit them.

@celidhkk  Edit: See above as I had the order wrong.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@celidhkk 

As I mentioned before and @gpixel4  using a freedom sim or one from roam ( they dont have to be active apparently) can be used in these situations to set your APN. Roam Sims may be dirt cheap as they are ceasing operations.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Umidigi-X-APN-settings/m-p/472632

@celidhkk 

Read this thread it is the same issue and there is a possible solution for you at the end.

Highlighted

Did you ever get this resolved? I just bought the same phone and am having the exact same problem! I have also tried everything everyone in the community has suggested. Please let me know. Thanks.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@tblaing 

I believe the only option is using a current or used freedom or roam sim card to change and configure your APN. Do you have a friend with freedom? Sometimes they are nice and will let you borrow one at the retail outlet.....

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@tblaing 

There was another way where the moderators would send you a certain kind of file but its no longer available.?. I think @pm-smayer97  did it that way a long time ago.....

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@tblaing  the Freedom Sims are $2.99  at Canadian Cell Supplies 

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards/products/freedom-sim-card

Highlighted

thanks @gblackma  and @darlicious . I will give the Freedom SIM a try. I tried Koodo SIM and it did not help.