Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: unable to change APN

@celidhkk wrote:

@geopublic 

texting works and phone calls work. Just not picture messaging.

@celidhkk  That means your phone is not locked. You must have data turned on and the correct APN settings for MMS to work.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@geopublic 

I did check that my data was on. But I can't change the APN settings.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@celidhkk wrote:

@geopublic 

I did check that my data was on. But I can't change the APN settings.

@celidhkk  Noted. When you scan for network operators do other providers come up? Maybe pick Telus and see if it will allow you to modify the APN setting. If it does then change it to sp.mb.com and it should work.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@celidhkk the problem is android 8 causing the greyed out APN settings. try this workaround to see if you can edit the APN

turn ON your Bluetooth for while. Before that you should turn OFF wifi and Data. Then go to APN names, hold your finger few secs on top of any APN, then slide Right to Left. Then it will open and you have the ability to edit APN and save. 

Highlighted

@gpixel4 

thank you

I did as you suggested, but it still won't allow me to edit. I've held my finger on for 5 seconds and tried sliding in both directions, but it doesn't change or allow me to do anything.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@celidhkk try seeing if there is an update to android 9 or 10 for your model of phone. 

one thing you can do is if you have a friend with a different provider try inserting their sim in your phone and then try changing the APN settings

Highlighted

@gpixel4 

it is already running adroid 9

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@celidhkk using a friend's sim card might be your last option then. if you have a friend with freedom mobile, that might be your best bet. or download google messages app and enable RCS. it works like Imessage and sends texts through wifi or data

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@celidhkk  Is this still an issue?. You already marked this thread as solved? Or was there solution to contact a moderator?

Highlighted

@geopublic 

yes, I had to contact a moderator. nothing has worked.

Need Help? Let's chat.