cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: unable to change APN

@celidhkk 

hmmm...This is out of the box as well you didn't add anything to the phone? I'll do some more digging to see about the exact issue with no plus sign or unable to change APN. 

Maybe a full factory reset needs to be done? Do not do that, just wondering. 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Naepalm 

yes, straight out of the box. I don't think I'm good enough to change anything major in the phone. Just personalizing.

Highlighted

@celidhkk 

I did find this: Is your phone new and was never used for another carrier? Maybe you need to unlock your phone. It seems kinda weird but the answers I found regarding APN greyed out were that it may be the network carrier. 

Sometimes, APN settings on your device for a particular carrier may be "locked" such that they are "grayed out" and can't be modified. This is often an indication that they have been set by your currently connected carrier and that you shouldn't need to modify them.

Highlighted

@Naepalm 

yes, that sounds like what's happening. Though it did say the phone was unlocked when I purchased it. Hmm.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@celidhkk wrote:

when manually trying to choose public mobile network again, it now says network unavailable.

@celidhkk  Restart your phone and try again to select Public Mobile then go into your APN too check if there is an APN setting for it. If your are still having a problem then try the network reset to see if allows you to select PUblic Mobile.

Highlighted

@celidhkk reading in the previous post in the forum regarding grey out APN, you could set your network data to automatic then restart the phone and see if it sync up with Public. 

You may need to do a complete factory reset though. If you had to make sure all your data is backed up.

At this point you might want to get in contact with the moderators before factory resetting:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@celidhkk wrote:

@Naepalm 

yes, that sounds like what's happening. Though it did say the phone was unlocked when I purchased it. Hmm.

@celidhkk  if your phone was locked calling or texting would also not work. Is that the case?

Highlighted

@geopublic 

I tried that. I can select Public Mobile as the network, but when I click on APN they aren't listed. It is telus that comes up and is greyed out. I cannot click on any APNs listed (there are three, two list telus, and the third says nothing at all, but it won't let me edit them)

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g8/help/sprint-g8-apn-greyed-t4032637

@celidhkk 

Where did you buy your phone? Read this forum it might help.....or maybe the roam or freedom sim card trick will work.*

Highlighted

@geopublic 

texting works and phone calls work. Just not picture messaging.