cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to change APN

celidhkk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

signed up last week and got my phone working. Got a new phone (moto G8 power lite) this week, put the sim card in and now cannot send pictures. I've gone through how to set up the APN, but on this phone it doesn't seem to allow me to change or add an APN.

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

I can get right up to the "access point names", but then there is no way for me to alter anything or to click to create a new APN setting. Everything I see is light grey (not clickable) and in the top right corner where the three little dots are for more options, the only option I have is to reset to default.

158 REPLIES 158

celidhkk

when manually trying to choose public mobile network again, it now says network unavailable.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@celidhkk wrote:

signed up last week and got my phone working. Got a new phone (moto G8 power lite) this week, put the sim card in and now cannot send pictures. I've gone through how to set up the APN, but on this phone it doesn't seem to allow me to change or add an APN.

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

I can get right up to the "access point names", but then there is no way for me to alter anything or to click to create a new APN setting. Everything I see is light grey (not clickable) and in the top right corner where the three little dots are for more options, the only option I have is to reset to default.

Here is a link to how to setup your phone from teh start as well:

https://www.helpforsmartphone.com/public/en/motorola/moto-g8-plus/android-9-0/guides/22/Set-up-Inter...

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@celidhkk 

The Motorola website says to do the following:

Edit or create a new access point

If you and your wireless service provider determine that you need to change the settings of your current access point name (APN) or to create a new one, you must obtain the APN and detailed settings from your provider.

1. From the applications tray, touch Settings to open the Settings application.
  2. Touch More Cellular Networks > Access Point Names.
  3. Touch an existing APN to edit it. Or press Menu and touch New APN. Enter the APN settings that you obtained from your wireless service provider by touching each setting that you need to edit.
  4. When you’re finished, press Menu and touch Save.
  5. If you created a new APN, touch it in the APNs screen to start using it.

Here’s how to set up data in 3 steps:

1) Tap:

• Settings
  • More
  • Access Point Names
  • New APN Settings

2) Input this info:

3) Leave all the other fields blank. Just hit save, and you’re good to go!

Good luck!

@celidhkk wrote:

So will the network reset change anything else with the phone settings?

@celidhkk  It will reset your Wi-Fi settings to default, so you will need to re-enter the passwords.

celidhkk

I did do the manually find network and chose the public mobile network, but still doesn't work.

celidhkk

So will the network reset change anything else with the phone settings?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@celidhkk  What happens if you change the setting to manually connect to a network instead of automatic? Can you scan for networks and select Public Mobile?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@celidhkk- I think that's a quirk with LG phones.  You can try to do a network reset.  I think i remember others having some luck with that.  Otherwise, *might* need a full reset.  Just going off memory here...

Need Help? Let's chat.