cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer sim card to a new cell phone

clea1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how can i transfer my public mobile sim card from my old phone to a new one i just bought?

35 REPLIES 35

@KenRH The phone not powering on fully has absolutely no connection with any mobile network anywhere. It's simply an issue with the phone itself. So if you're sure the battery is charged, then you probably need to take the phone to a repair shop to have them see what part of the phone is faulty.

Sorry, bud...but there's nothing more to it than that.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle
@KenRH That's novel behaviour. So, remove the SIM and turn on the phone. It should be operational and say "no sim, only emergency calls".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

KenRH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's a new batttery, with nearly a full charge. The cell-phone worked with no problems prior to being deactivated when my brother changed to another cell phone service.

@KenRH That phone behaviour usually signals dead battery. If it won't charge you'll need a repair or new phone.

KenRH

Hi:

I tried that and when I press the power button on, the phone vibrates and Samsung GT-S7560M appears on the screen, and then the cell phone immediately shuts off. Tried that several times without the phone turning on.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

@KenRH There's no "activation" needed. Simply pop your SIM into your brother's phone, turn it on, and Bob's your uncle.

KenRH

Hello:

My Public Mobile issued Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 has some water damage and not working properly.

I transfered my SIM Card to another Samsung Ace 2 that was issued by Public Mobile to my brother that he had deactivated when he moved to another cell service.

How can I activate my brothers old cell phone with my SIM Card placed in it?

JoyC
Thanks so much Luddite! I'll save this info & share it when I can.

You no longer need to buy SIM cards they are free. However, the PM is transitioning all its plans and services. Therefore, they are operating in "beta" mode until complete.

Current customers can order replacement SIMs directly by filling in the web form under Contact Us then Email Away.

New customers, including you if you want a second line, must select Order SIM and follow the links. If you ever do that, the 2nd line must be under a different email address than your current in order to make a second account rather than adding to yours.

If you joined PM before Jan 27/15 you are "grandfathered" and as such can still call PM for support. Everyone else can only access PM tech support by email. 

JoyC
ve an active account. Prob was didnt know how to put sim in my new sg4 from my moto g. Luddite from community gave me the link. Should be all good now.

Found out can't buy Sim cards online cuz they're transitioning to a beta format. Do you know what that means?

JoyC
Have an active account. Prob was didnt know how to put sim in my new sg4 from my moto g. Luddite from community gave me the link. Should be all good now.

Found out can't buy Sim cards online cuz they're transitioning to a beta format. Do you know what that means?

OK Good luck. If you continue to have problems I suggest you start a new post, rather than continuing to tack onto clea1's. That will make it easier for everyone to follow.

Good luck.

JoyC
That's great. Thought I'd need a new one. Thank you for your time.

Sorry, I'm confused. I thought you had a Moto G on PM and want to use a Galaxy S4 instead? Or do you mean, you are unsure how to remove  and install a SIM?

JoyC
Ok. I'll email them & ask what to do.

I think Moto G and Galaxy S4 both take micro SIM. If so, no cutting just swapping.

Does this describe your new phone?

http://www.technipages.com/samsung-galaxy-s4-insert-remove-sim-card

Martin
Legend
Legend
JoyC,

I access my self-serve account using only my Moto G phone. I have never used a computer. It is not a question of the site being non-mobile friendly. It's the servers which are wonky from time to time.

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@JoyC,

Are you requesting a replacement SIM card for an ACTIVE account with Public Mobile ?

OR

You want to join Public Mobile ?

JoyC
Thinking the website isn't mobile friendly. Trying in an hour with my laptop. Thank you. I'll reply then.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello JoyC,

When using the website, did you eventually get to the page with radio buttons and then a web form? If not, what was the last page that you accessed?

I look forward to your reply.

JoyC
Told by store to order a new sim card, but can't get through on website. ...

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

If it's stuck, do not try to remove it as you might bend the contact pins, which are relatively expensive to replace.

When you go to Telus, stress that the card is stuck and that you don't want the pins to be bent.

Good luck tomorrow!

JoyC
Thank you for your time. My stuck Sim card is in the SG4. It comes with one & won't easily budge for me. It's brand new. Not worn in yet. I'll go to Telus & see then.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

If your phone is like my 2013 Moto G, the SIM card is spring-loaded in its tray. Push it in, using something that has a flat head, such as certain makes of ballpoint pens. After being pushed in, 75% of it will slide out. Then, carefully using tweezers, remove the card. Ensure that the tweezers don't scratch the metallic coating.

I hope that this has helped.

True, if unsure, Always have a professional, or use the Sim Cutter

When using Scissors, you have to cut to Near exact size and Shape

JoyC
Not that confident. I'll need help removing the SG4 Sim card also. Don't want to damage the phone.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JoyC wrote:
I have a moto g from PM & thinking I'll go to Telus & have them resize it for me.

You can do it at home, Good quality scissors will do an excellent Job. Google for instructions. It's really easy.

THAT may work

JoyC
I have a moto g from PM & thinking I'll go to Telus & have them resize it for me.

WITHOUT a PM Tri-Sim, You cannot have PM service with that Samsung S4

Need Help? Let's chat.