cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the sim card that came with my Huawei phone is not being recognized

IBGoode
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The sim card that came with my Huawei phone doesn't work. I have tried many times to activate it, but it does not work.

21 REPLIES 21

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Certainly it's not true PM SIM?, PM stopped selling Phones since last october.

gary
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

sorry, that means "check phone" function under "get started" does NOT work well. does it?

gary

Thanks All,

I just want to know why I could get PASS once I did phone check.

I am not a professional person for wireless network product, that is why I went to get started and did phone check before I ordered SIM card

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^Yeah some phones have the 2g only option to preserve battery life but remember if you are with Telus and Bell Group of companies your phone will not work because they do not have a SIM card based 2g network.

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This phone is tricky because it has an option, if it's checked SIM won't work, Go to Settings/Mobile Networks/Network Settings/if you see check mark next to "Use Only 2G Networks", take it out and try again.

That's true. But also, even if phone supported 3G/4G specs, if it doesn't support the frequency, 850 MHZ, example, or any Frequency specifically on Telus/Bell Network, Even if 3G/4G, won't work at all. Ensure handset supports all frequencies above the 3G/4G Network

chukdefatey
I don't mean to come across as being rude, but its your Job to make sure a Phone works on a Provider you intended on using.

gary

please let me know where are we now for this post

please note that I got IMEI approve before I ordered SIM CARD

Thanks

gary

thanks for the information!

however, when I checked the phone on public website, it shows ok to go. that is why I ordered the SIM card later and try to use it whith the phone. I do not want to purchase other phone.

If the phone does not work with public mobile anyway, please give me refund and cancell the number

I also e-mail to helpdesk this morning

thanks again

Hi. Same Info I read as well. Apologies.

Try looking at Walmart, Future Shop/Best Buy Prepaid Section, Telus/Koodo Boxed Phones. Guaranteed w/o need to Unlock. Selection may Vary

chukdefatey
Your Phone doesn't support 3G/4G 850/1900Mhz HSPA Technology that is used by Public Mobile. The Reason why your phone worked on Rogers is because Rogers has a 2G Network which your phone supports. No matter what you do your phone will not work with Public Mobile

Hi. I attempted to find Further info on that Specific Model. Still Searching. Please remain calm

gary

Any solution please...

gary

it was a non-contract phone when I buy it through manufactary store directly. before I try SIM CARD of public mobile, I used this phone with rogers pay as you go service plan

please below more informaton of that phone

Y511-T00

S/N: W6X9XB2442300631

CMIIT: 2013CP6835

Thanks

What is the Specific Model of your Huawei Y5 phone thing?

I checked the specs of your handset. I need to know, which Carrier your Handset came from originally? Rogers, Bell, Mobilicity, Wind? 

gary

althourgh I got messege said, the phone should work with public mobie network after phone check.

Actually, it does not work

please advise...

thanks

gary

please see below messege which I got after phone check

Your IMEI - 865026023203747

Ascend Y511

Your device should work on our Network

Hi. What Model is your Handset? Which Carrier your phone came from?

If your Handset supports Only GSM/2G, Handset is NOT Compatible. Handsets need to Support the 3G as Bare Minimum for Compatibility.

HSPA/HSPA+4G/LTE

gary

I got same problem, when I check the phone on website before order the same card, the IMEI number got passed. However, after I actived the Public mobile SIM CARD this morning, the card does not work with the phone.

the SIM number is: 8912230000285760435

is there any solution there? or I could get refund as the phone can not work

Thanks

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. What Sim Card is it? Is it a Public mobile Sim Card?

Need Help? Let's chat.