cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text messages

thoroldchick
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there any possible way to retrieve text messages that were deleted from your phone in previous months. Is it possible to maybe get a printed record from public mobile?

16 REPLIES 16

You can post any inquiries on this forum for assistance.  It is easier if you start a new thrread.

Moderators can be reached by sending them a private message but they can take 48 - 72 hours depending on workload.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Tinamarie

How do I get PM to contact me and let me know if that’s possible?

CecicliaGarcia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In fact, it is pretty easy to restore lost SMS from Android device as long as you have worked an effective recovery tool. As you know, you can find over hundreds of recovery programs online which have claimed that they can help retrieve lost Android messages. However, most of them are not as effective as they should be. So in order to successfully recover deleted text messages from Android mobile phone, you can't miss this Coolmuster Android Messages Recovery software, which has been generally considered as the best recovery program on the market.

By running this Android Messages Recovery, you are able to preview all deleted SMS messages before restoring. Thus you can selectively mark your deleted messages to recover, as this software can display the whole messages on your Android phone, those existing ones are no exception. In addition, no matter how many messages you have lost and ready to restore, this software allows you to retrieve them in a batch.

EmilyBaker
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Before restoring your Android text messages, you need to know one thing- why these deleted messages are recoverable? It is actually easy to understand if you know how deletion works:

When you delete or remove text messages on Android phone, they would be first moved to the trash bin and the device will mark these files as inactive. That is to say, they still exist on your phone but are invisible and replaceable. And the system would not really erase them until you add some new files to cover them. Thus, you should stop using your phone if you wish to get back the deleted SMS or you will permanently lose them.

Restoring your lost Android messages to computer would be a safer way since you can backup them to PC at the same time. But to achieve this goal, you need to find a professional yet reliable Android SMS Recovery software as your assistant - MobiKin Doctor for Android.

ianmcewan

I think it's kind of difficult to retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone or Android, since it was deleted in the previous month. But you can use the iOS Data Recovery /Android Data Recovery and have a try.  

In order to get the printed record from public mobile, you should follow the guide below:

How to print text messages from iPhone.

How to print text messages from Android/Samsung phone

lenenase

Nice question. It's possible to perform a sms recovery on Android phone. And if you want to print out text messages from phone, you can try SMS Backup & Restore app.

deveauwelle32

I just meet your problem, and solve this problem finally, maybe it is too late, but other people will also meet this problem. 

To get back my deleted text messages, I have searched many guides on Google, and finally find a suitable SMS recovery guide for me. You can see this guide, it is really helpful.

Baskawery

There is a tool that i have used in the past

You jsut follow these steps to do : Settings > Additional settings > Select the deleted messages from list of backup or phone  > Click on restore Android messages back , 
http://www.android-rescuer.com/recover-deleted-messages-from-android-phone.html

Waskerp

I've tried to recover various data from my phone, but they were long gone,maybe that's why my data has been covered, this is criticalt.no matter what data recovery tools that you use , once these deleted messages has been covered on your phone , no tool can help you recover messages back ,

https://www.mobiledic.com/android-topic/how-to-recover-deleted-messages-android-phone.html

smalling123

Smiley Happy

Hello, here are some guides for you to learn how to recover deleted text messages from Android phone, you can read it and know how to recover messages fastly.

1. Use Android SMS recovery tool, then connect your device to computer.

2. Select some messages to retrieve on your Android device.

singhmisa

@TechMobile wrote:

Hey Thor,

there's actually an article on how to recover deleted text messages.  You can install it onto your phone or computer to restore your deleted sms.

Are the programs compatible with Samsung S7 edge? I need to find a cheaper alternative, a free one would be even better.

TechMobile

Hey Thor,

there's actually an article on how to recover deleted text messages.  You can install it onto your phone or computer to restore your deleted sms.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@thoroldchick

Just to top-off on this discussion. there are other means of trying to retrieve deleted SMS. Actually, certain programs will give you a free trial and only charge you if you want to restore your deleted SMS.

Some software/programs that can be used:

Note: I do not endorse the above company, I recommend it based on my personal experience.

I hope this helps,

Jeremy

They are required to keep backups but without a legal request (eg a warrant) you will never see them.

In general if a TXT is erased then it is gone.

Lovemytdi

Hi @thoroldchick

I did some quick research online and found that several cell providers including Telus (which is basically PM's grandfather if my understanding is correct) do keep records of text messages for a short period of time - or at least they used to. I personally don't know for sure if PM does or if they'd even be able to give them to you if they did. One of the PM staff will have to answer that one.

However, there are several methods i found on Google that could possibly help you recover deleted messages. Iphone or Android

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

PM almost certainly does not have them. Read though this thread: What happens to incoming text messages that are not accessed or read for a week? i.e., phone is off Smiley Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.