cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text from someone that they didn't send

Siletha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hey everyone, I can't find much info online about this, but I got a text from my mom that she definitely didn't send. Looks like it was meant for someone else entirely? Anyone know why this would happen? She has confirmed that she did not send the top message 

20191107_020757.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

@Siletha  @geopublic  @will13am   I haven't received a text like this  but I have certainly had the odd text never arrive to the recipient. Ive always assumed it's like those texts or voicemails that float around somewhere for a couple of weeks to mysteriously show up. My sister left a birthday wish on my voicemail day of but it didn't show up until 3 weeks later...no record of the call or a missed call msg. I've just chalked it up to one of the mysteries of cyberspace.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Siletha  second incident reported regarding sending/receiving incorrect texts within the PM network. Hope it's not a bug because both examples do not appear to be spam but rather texts sent to the wrong device.

Best to submit a ticket and ask PM to investigate.

To submit a ticket to Public Mobile do the following: PMST.png

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Text messages can be sent not just from a phone, so this seems entirely possible either by accident or intent. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@SilethaI guess its entirely possible the odd text message gets sent like a spoofed call?

Need Help? Let's chat.