cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

syncing email

sgarvin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My email won't sync on my phone as of two days ago.  It is a Gmail account.  Any ideas? The server settings say they are fine and it has a snyc date of today, but recent emails are not there.

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@88cranston wrote:

What about deleting the account and re do it on your phone.  

Do you use the gmail app on your phone?

Have you been out of country recently?

@88cranston FYI @geopublic already solved this.  All done.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sgarvin wrote:

It is an LG G4 phone.  The email account is on Gmail. The settings say IMAP. The security setting is SSL/TLS on both incoming and outgoing.  It doesn't seem to matter if I am connected to wifi or using data.  The last email I have is from late Nov 5 (tuesday). I have not changed the password lately, nor have I changed the settings.

No, to factory reset. 

What about deleting the account and re do it on your phone.  

Do you use the gmail app on your phone?

Have you been out of country recently?

88cranston

@srlawren wrote:

@88cranston wrote:

Is your gmail set up as less secure?

@88cranston what do you mean by this?

Yes two of my gmail accounts are less secure. 

1. For pics from security camera. Pics sent to gmail over wifi from camera won’t work unless gmail account is less secure. The gmail password and address has to be stored in security camera app. 

2. My main gmail. I use it on iPhone, iPad on Apple Mail and in MS Office Outlook with POP settings. No less secure......no POP sign ins. If an APP holds the gmail address and password then very likely you will have to make your gmail account less secure. 

See here  

sgarvin

Fantastic, that's got it!  Thanks for your help!

sgarvin

It is an LG G4 phone.  The email account is on Gmail. The settings say IMAP. The security setting is SSL/TLS on both incoming and outgoing.  It doesn't seem to matter if I am connected to wifi or using data.  The last email I have is from late Nov 5 (tuesday). I have not changed the password lately, nor have I changed the settings.

@sgarvin wrote:

Thanks for helping!  I have turned it on and off, but that made no difference.  Are you talking about the factory reset?  I could try that.

@sgarvin  Go into settings -> Apps find the gmail app. Select clear data and Clear cache and then select the force stop option. Restart your phone does your Gmail sync.

sgarvin

Thanks for helping!  I have turned it on and off, but that made no difference.  Are you talking about the factory reset?  I could try that.

srlawren

@88cranston wrote:

@88cranston what do you mean by this?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

88cranston

@sgarvin wrote:

My email won't sync on my phone as of two days ago.  It is a Gmail account.  Any ideas? The server settings say they are fine and it has a snyc date of today, but recent emails are not there.

What kind of phone?

What app are you using?

Have you recently changed your password?

Are you using POP or IMAP settings?

Have you googled the settings required?

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or Data?

srlawren

@sgarvin wrote:

@sgarvin let's start with the simple stuff:  have you rebooted recently?  If not, give that a whirl?  If that doesn't resolve it, what kind of phone are you working with here?

Need Help? Let's chat.